- Installation and configuration of new infrastructure to support web applications as well as upgrades of existing infrastructure.
- Support of tooling for infrastructure builds and application installs.
- Provide consultancy for application teams to help them move to newer infrastructure.
- Faciliate on-boarding of new services and technologies to help evolve and improve the web hosting service.
- Identify opportunities to automate processes to help improve levels of service and/or remove manual tasks.
Must- - strong experience working in a large and complext web hosting environment with Apache web servers, Tomcat and IBM Websphere application servers.
- experience of working with cloud platforms, such as HP Stakato, would be beneficial.
- strong UNIX skills - Linux essential.
- a good understanding of infrastructure principles and system inter-dependencies outside the web hosting environment (e.g. networking, databases).
Nice to have- self-motivated and able to work on your own or within project teams.
- able to work to tight deadlines.
- an excellent communicator, along with strong interpersonal skills.
- analytical and logical and enjoy solving problems.
- fluent in English (speaking and writing). German is an advantage.
- English: Advanced/Fluent
More job opportunities in IT Infrastructure Engineering
|Specialization||Position / Title||Location||Send to a friend|
|IT Infrastructure Engineering||System Administrator (Filetransfer configuration)||Zurich, CH|