- optimize route calculation on in-car computer considering memory & computational limitations
- prepare maps for fast 2D and 3D rendering
- compress digital maps to minimize their size
- provide dynamic loading of map portions (regions) as required to minimize memory footprint.
This system is a Java application which heavily relies on open source libraries (GIS-specific like OpenGIS, GeoTools and general ones i.e. Java3D, Java ImageIO, Apache Commons etc.)
Besides the map compiler itself, we are developing a desktop Eclipse RCP/SWT application to view the resulting maps, their verification, route calculation, monitor the compilation process etc. This application is based on an open-source GIS uDig.
• Document software design
• Review software design
• Unit testing, bug fixing and technical improvements of the existing product.
• Ability to do root cause analysis and improve product quality.
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
Must• Self-motivated, well-organized, details-oriented and a strong team player with an agile mindset
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in Java
• Good SQL skills
• Upper-Intermediate English both written and spoken
Nice to have• prior GIS/Navigation/Automotive experience
• Basic knowledge Scala
- English: Intermediate