The release management team is responsible for all virtual desktop platforms. Windows desktop Image, remote access, Thin Client refresh and user Profile Management.
This role will focus on a regular image releases for VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) and SBC (Server Based Compute) as well as the other platform updates to support the end user environment.
Candidate will be required to work closely with the Platform Engineering teams, product and application owners. Manage requirements and ensure strict controls are maintained to ensure platform stability and end user experience.
• Work closely with the engineering teams & owners to ensure all requirements are clearly defined and controls met.
• Engagement with operational teams to ensure risk and change controls are in place for all releases.
• The ability to deliver to challenging deadlines with multiple complex platform updates in a high pressured environment.
• Articulate effectively to key stakeholders at all levels and deliver updates as required.
• Manage requirement calls, release updates, issue meetings and go no go presentations.
• Coordination of build and test environments and testing schedules.
• Provide management reports on release progress as necessary.
Must• Experience with release management methologies such as Agile, ITIL, SDLC.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of the financial industry.
• A strong understanding of the change planning process of the IT change portfolio of a large bank
• Strong proven relationship building and management skills, with the ability to communicate, influence and build trust at a senior level.
• A working understanding of an enterprise end user virtual platform and relevant technologies such as Citrix, VMWare, Windows, Virtual desktops.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Ability to produce high quality documentation including requirements, process documentation and release supporting presentations.
• Management of key stakeholders and product owners across multiple teams and LOB's.
• Excellent communication with effective presentation, facilitation and conflict-resolution skills.
• Proactive in tracking action items and following up to completion.
Nice to have• Knowledge and/or experience in applications security assessment (eg. Behavioural testing).
• Strong knowledge of Windows OS internals (process monitor, process explorer) perfmon, xPerf or similar tools (e.g. AppDynamics, DynaTrace, etc.).
• Experience in software quality assurance, defect tracking, and test strategy development
• Experience with monitoring tools (Splunk, Systrack, etc.).
• Experience and understanding in MSI, APP-V and Citrix.
• Experience in scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, Perl, Shell Scripting etc.)
- English: Upper-intermediate