We expect regular admin skills and technical expertise in areas of Solaris/Linux, VERITAS/LVM, Clusters, networking, and storage.
Provide daily system admin support to clients when required. Work on key projects besides supporting major infrastructure events like BCM tests, DC power downs.
- Identify opportunities to automate process to help improve levels of services and/or remove manual tasks
- Install and configure new infrastructure to support web application as well as upgrades of existing infrastructure
- Problem resolution and ownership of issues escalated from Level 2 support teams or the business
- Analyse incidents and outages and implement preventative measures to prevent reoccurrence
Must- A university degree in computer science, information technology or professional certifications
- Strong experience working with Apache, Tomcat, IIS and IBM WebSphere technologies
- Good Linux and shell scripting skills
- Experience in SPLUNK and automation tools such as IPSoft or similar will be an asset
- Worked in large environment supporting web hosting technologies
- ITIL process know-how for incident, change and problem management
- Self-motivated, well organised and able to work across multiple projects and to tight deadlines
- An excellent communicator, along with strong interpersonal skills
Nice to haveN/A
- English: Advanced/Fluent