About the Project
Insight T+0 is the Investment Bank's global intraday pre-deal credit-checking system, which is on the critical path to booking FX and Derivatives trades. It helps to provide centralised intraday control over credit risk. Front-office trading systems are required to use T+0 to check whether a trade would breach pre-defined credit exposure limits for the trade's counterparty. T+0 maintains real-time intraday counterparty exposures and recalculates counterparty credit risk after each trade execution, enabling the new intraday exposure numbers to be available immediately.
The role provides the opportunity to participate in the development of T+0 - a mission critical, low latency, pre-trade credit-checking system. It has 24x5.5 uptime requirements and must support low latency responses to electronic trade execution platforms in four global regions within 5ms for spot and forward products. It is a key control system for managing the Investment Bank's Credit Risk.
The T+0 team is looking for a senior QA Tester ideally with the programming capabilities.
The candidate will work within the development team in Wroclaw. This is part of a global team with members in UK, Switzerland, Poland and India. The overall team size is currently 13, including QA, BA and Project Management individuals.
T+0 sits within Risk & Finance IT (RFIT), RFIT an approximately 400-person group supporting the investment banking part of the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) shared service function. RFIT designs, develops and supports the IT systems that measure and manage the market, credit and operational risk of the investment bank. The risks calculated by our systems are used in regulatory reporting, reporting to senior business and risk management and FO business leads.
Opportunities for you
• Insight T+0 is the Investment Bank's strategic platform for providing an intraday pre-deal credit-checking service
• The project has already won prestigious industry awards for innovation and architecture design
• T+0 is operated on by a small, focused team transitioning to an Agile Scrum delivery methodology
• Working on the project allows for good exposure to front office trade execution and booking platforms along with the FX and OTC derivatives business the system supports
• Prepare test automation for functional and non-functional test suites
• Responsible for improving overall technical / automation maturity, coverage, establishing technical / automation testing standards and process
• Work closely with software engineers to influence the design of our features with testability in mind
• Implement tools & methodology that support Testing frameworks such as TDD/BDD/ATDD.
• Build the business logic level automation test suite
• Ensure automated test suites are fit for purpose and executes continuously, leveraging the larger scrum team and individual contribution
• Responsible for overall quality, coding standards of the automated suites
• Manages day to day technical testing activities
• Provides regular status reporting to key stakeholders including progress, risks, issues and mitigation steps
• Be part of a cross-functional scrum team you will take other tasks such as business analysis, manual testing and release management depending on experience and requirements.
Must• Quality Assurance & Testing or SW Development background
• 2-3 yrs of experience
• Experience with investment banking, interested in financial instruments
• Analytical and mathematical mind
• Java coding skills, OOP concept knowledge and experience with Java Testing frameworks (e.g. Junit/ TestNG, Maven)
• Working experience with Test automation tools and frameworks for standalone applications (e.g.: Selenium, Test NG, Junit, UFT/QTP, Cucumber, Jbehave)
• Experience working with Unix, Linux and SQL
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill in English
• No performance testing (done by devs)
• Backend testing
• Prod. On Microsoft machines, deployed on Linux
Nice to have• Experience of using JIRA, ALM Quality Centre (or equivalent tools).
• Knowledge on SDLC, Agile, TDD, ATDD, BDD concepts.
• Non-functional testing experience (e.g.: performance, load, stress).
• ISTQB certification.
• Understanding of various financial instruments.
• Continuous Integration / build systems' knowledge (TeamCity, Jenkins, SVN)
- English: Upper-intermediate