The Linux Specialist will support the Client base and Internal environments. There will be a requirement to work within the weekly shift pattern, and do so some client change requests out of hours.
Extended working hours, paying by overtimes rates
• To remediate issues in a timely manner.
• To communicate issues and/or status of work to Service Management
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
• To build, implement and provide feedback on server lifecycle process.
• To liaise with 3rd party vendors.
• To produce high quality documentation.
• To assist with project work.
Must• Excellent knowledge of RHEL 5, 6 and 7. Having a RHCSA/RHCE would be beneficial.
• Good overall grounding in Configuration Management Tools.
• Good shell Scripting, bash, etc.
• Knowledge of Solaris ODS/SDS and Linux volumes.
• Capable of writing Linux RPMs.
• MUST offer experience of some of the following: MySQL, Apache, Squid, SSH, TCP/IP, Cfengine 2 (3 would be advantageous), Ansible.
• Building RPM files.
• DNS, NIS, LDAP.
• The ability to agree and then meet deadlines.
• Demonstrable analytical and problem solving ability.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills, including a diplomatic but firm manner.
• Strong team player mentality.
• Strong understanding of infrastructure and application technologies, including compute, virtualisation, networks, application servers, middleware, automation, end user computing, mobile computing and cloud technologies.
Nice to have• IBM/HP hardware.
• Good knowledge of VMware.
• Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Nagios and Solarwinds.
• Ability to tune servers to function within a low latency environment.
• Project Management process/tools knowledge and understanding (Prince2).
• Solaris 10 Sparc/X86.
• Good understanding of cobbler, kickstart and associated services.
• Good knowledge of Git.
• Understanding of front office financial services.
- English: Upper-intermediate
More job opportunities in Technical Support (SL2/SL3)
|Specialization||Position / Title||Location||Send to a friend|
|Technical Support (SL2/SL3)||Hot Switching ATAC L3 Technical Support Engineer||Bucharest, RO|
|Technical Support (SL2/SL3)||Network Client On-Boarding Engineer (SL2/SL3 Tech Support)||Bucharest, RO|
|Technical Support (SL2/SL3)||Level 3 Network Support Engineer||Bucharest, RO|