Job Purpose: Be a first line of contact for dealing with internal and external client enquiries and incidents for a global provider of low latency networks, market data, and trading services to investment Banks, Hedge Funds, Proprietary Trading Firms and major Exchanges globally. Ensuring that incidents are logged accurately and timely and passed to second line support teams. Manage ticket systems and be responsible for client communications for service alerts and maintenance. Ensure all procedures are followed and protocols observed. Be an active team member in achieving SLAs to provide a high level of client satisfaction
ITIL certified, Service Now experience, Degree in computer science and a current CCNA will take you to the top of the list.
- First line service desk to respond to external client incidents and queries via email and phone and internal monitoring systems including ITRS Geneos, SolarWinds, Corvil.
- To maintain ongoing communication of incident updates to clients provided by 2nd and 3rd line support teams
- Ticket management of Incidents, Problems and Requests
- Able to work on a shift basis from 7am – 4pm and 10am - 7pm on weekdays. Weekend work may also be requested when applicable.
- Ensure that clients receive timely updates on incidents
- Ensure that client incidents that occur across Client products or involve multiple 2nd line groups and 3rd Parties are coordinated so that the client receives a consolidated response from Client .
- Maintain a calendar of maintenance requests on the network, data centres, exchanges and internal changes and ensure communication to clients with the appropriate information.
- Maintain the incident ticket database, ensuring incidents are set to the correct priority, state and are within SLA for response and resolution.
- Maintain ticket updates with accurate notes on current status
- Escalate to 2nd and 3rd line support teams, inform senior management teams of P1/P2 incidents
- Engage with third parties to provide Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for third party services
- Document internal time lines for resolved incidents where a RCA is required.
- Maintain accurate contact databases and records
Must- Previous Service Desk experience
- Knowledge of Service Now (or familiarity with ITSM systems)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- The ability to multitask across multiple incidents
- Understanding of SLAs and KPIs
- Ability to follow process and procedures accurately and without fail
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and other office applications
- Working knowledge of Visio for technical diagrams
- Understanding of IP networks and traffic, firewalls, routing etc.
- Degree in Computing and or IT
- Dedicated and able to work to deadlines
- Able to work both as part of a team or under own initiative
- Able to take responsibility for own actions and performance
- Have a positive attitude to client problems and incidents in a high pressured environment
Nice to have- Exposure to the Financial Trading Sector.
- Experience of working in complex environments within a 24 hour service structure
- Previous experience of working shifts / working flexibly
- Experience/understanding of ITIL methodology
- Service Desk Institute Qualification
- ITIL Foundation Qualification.
- Cisco CCNA Qualification.
- ComTIA Network + Qualification.
- English: Advanced/Fluent