The Americas mkts (US, Canada, LATAM) is the largest for Citi cash equites globally in terms of numbers of venues supported and size of revenue…so the challenges are proportionate in size as well!
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to work within the Equities Technology group and work closely with a front-office business unit and established technology teams to develop our strategically important market access platform.
The Equities business has set an ambitious growth plan, and strong technical development is critical to achieving our goals and enhancing our leading position in the financial market. The successful candidate will play a key role in that success. This is a fast paced, challenging team of highly experienced technologists and you will be expected to have very strong prior front office experience.
This is a key position, working on a new exchange connectivity platform in java using a microservices architecture. This position involves: Requirements analysis and capture, working closely with BAs, internal devs and other technology teams to define solutions. Development & rollout of the new “OMA” Market Access application and components, as part of a global development effort. Liaison with support and development teams. Third line support of the platform during trading hours.
• Use technical skills to ensure business requirements are correctly understood and implemented.
• Knowledge of the full development life-cycle including agile practices
• Assist with troubleshooting and issue resolution across development, support and technical business users
• Establish strong working relationships across different technology areas (QA, Support, etc.)
• Successful delivery within the region
• Understanding of design patterns and best software practices.
• Good experience with CI and automated delivery
• Strong Java knowledge
• Experience of working with UNIX/Linux
• Experience of microservices architecture and patterns
• Experience of working in a trading environment
• Document technical designs
Development / other
• Real-time algorithm
• Exchange Connectivity/Market Access
• FIX and Binary exchange protocols
• Great communication skills
• Good understanding of EMEA Exchange Electronic trading
• microservices architecture and patterns
• high-level architectural design skills.
Other (useful to have some of the following):
• Experience in Multi-threaded environments \ systems
• Solace/TibCo EMS middlewares
Nice to haveN/A
- English: Native