The client is a financial institution based in Canada.
The project we are delivering for the client is a brownfield replacement of their existing transaction system. This is the core to the client's business so the project has the utmost visibility.
Who are Digital Consulting?
Excelian Digital Consulting is a team of energetic, enthusiastic, expert individuals working together to deliver cutting edge software solutions for the financial services industry. You will be instrumental in helping us find, adapt and invent solutions for complex scenarios. You will be involved in solving workflow problems, developing new ways of visualising data, and working out what digital solutions the client needs in their solution that even they don't realise yet.
You will work alongside a strong, global team of individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills in digital consulting to deliver within our core areas of expertise: AI and Machine Learning, DevOps, cloud solutions, Big/fast Data, UX design and UI development. We're a recognised leader in the development and delivery of innovative solutions for the financial marketplace, with a culture that fosters knowledge sharing, mentoring and growth.
Why work with us?
• We believe in the agile manifesto - "constant attention to technical excellence breeds agility" we centre our learning and development around this one truth. For instance, we provide a training budget and this may include study time or conference attendance, or specific kata-based learning - it will be for you to decide in partnership with your career mentor.
• Mentoring, training and education ensure all employees continually build their skills and knowledge in areas that matter the most to them
• Bonus scheme aligned to learning goals
• An array of opportunities to showcase your skills on a variety of client site projects, with the opportunity to travel if so desired
MustCore Skills (all 5 years +)
• Java (8+ preferred) + JUnit testing stack (Mockito etc.)
• Spring (Boot, Batch)
• Agile (Scrum / Kanban)
• Finance (Banking / Asset Man / Fin Serv)
• Strong analytical & problem solving skills
• Strong communications & presentation skills
• A team player
• Ability to adapt to client environment
• Ability to adapt agile methods to fit client environment
• Clean code/SOLID design/Design patterns
• Java8+ (preferably 11+) 10 years
• Spring (Boot + Batch) dependency injection 5+ years
• SQL + Relational Db (preferable SQL Server) 5+ years
• APIs, REST etc. 2+ years
• Auomated testing in >2 of Junit, Spock, Cucumber, Jbehave with tools eg Jmock, Mockito, Powermock, Guage/Taiko etc. 10+ years
• Microservice architectures 2+ years
• 1 of Jenkins, Teamcity, Go CD, Cruise Control, Bamboo CI 5+ years
• 1 of Mavern, Ant, Gradle 5+ years
• 1 of Ansible, Capistrano, Chef, Puppet, Codeploy 2+ years
Nice to have• Working with remote teams
- English: Advanced/Fluent