We expect regular admin skills and technical expertise in areas of Windows, networking, and storage.
Provide daily system admin support to clients when required. Work on key projects besides supporting major infrastructure events like BCM tests, DC power downs.
• The work will be shift based operating within a team supporting the bank with 24x7 coverage hours.
• Provide global production support for the Windows Operating System in a distributed infrastructure
• Work onsite during weekdays and weekend and must be available for On-Call when required
• Perform planned changes on a regular basis especially during weekends.
• Address incidents picked up by the monitoring systems alerting on global Windows infrastructure within a timely manner
• Resolve problem tickets allocated to team via ticketing system (e.g. SNOW)
• Implement requests for service as generated in manual and automated ticketing systems (e.g. SNOW, etc...)
Must• Solid understanding of a Windows-based operating systems, Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 (Understanding of Citrix, VMware, MOM, AD, Exchange 2010, Lync/skype, will be an advantage)
• In-depth working knowledge on administering and supporting DFS/FTP/SFTP/DHCP/DNS/ File services
• Strong knowledge on administering multi node Windows 2008 / 2012 / 2016 clusters
• Ability to write scripts to automate repetitive workflows using STD Windows supporting scripting languages (Powershell, VB Script etc.
• Good troubleshooting knowledge on HP, Dell and IBM server hardware
• Strong working knowledge on incident and change management process
• Experience in working on SAN and NAS storage technologies like Hitachi and Netapp
• Good written and spoken English, able to communicate in English with remote teams whose first language is not English
• Team work, ability to contribute to and work in a team, as well as at times step up and lead a number of people when handling problems or incidents
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills, capable of writing/contributing to technical knowledge articles
• Independent problem solving skills and effective time management
• Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly and completely
• Good troubleshooting skills with knowledge of key operating system concepts.
• Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts such as NFS, routing, troubleshooting network related issues.
• Regular verbal and written communication with business partners and other support teams to clarify details of incidents or service requests to maintain production stability and meet established SLA's.
• Able to establish good working relationship with various teams
• Technical Troubleshooting Skill / Problem solving ability
• Issue Management and effective escalation management
• Global User support exposure is an advance
• Technical understanding of the project content and delivery (timely accomplishment of assigned responsibility)
• Ability to work under pressure / tight deadline
Nice to have• Basic understanding of the Banking and Finance industries with previous job experience a plus.
• Understanding and working knowledge of authentication and naming services, including NIS, LDAP with Kerberos, Power Broker, DNS, NTP, etc...
• Strong analytical and logical skills
• ITIL Knowledge
• Writing technical documentation as needed and ensuring they are updated timely.
- English: Advanced/Fluent