Sr. Software Engineer, Python, Guadalajara, MX
In Luxoft, our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas. Great Place to Work Institute certifies us as one of the Top 10 companies to work for in Mexico, and we do it with a truly flexible environment, high impact projects in Agile environments, a culture focused on results, training and strong support to grow your career.
You will be able to collaborate in a project with a world leader in the telecommunications industry on a VOD project leveraging Open Source.
Code your career with us!
- Work with QA, product management, and operations in an Agile environment
- Develop and support data-driven product decisions in a high energy high-impact team
- Develop features that will drive our business through real-time feedback loops
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
Must- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of professional software development experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well cross-functionally across multiple departments
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM methodology
- High proficiency and skills in backend software development with Python.
- Work experience using Java (Spring Boot).
- Work experience with microservices-based architectures.
- Work experience with video processing (encoding, analysis) using cloud resources.
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS is preferable)
Nice to have- Hands-on experience with such AWS features as S3, EC2, Lambda, Step Functions
- Experience with video encodings e.g. FFMPEG.
- English: Advanced/Fluent