RAN CORE 2G/3G/4G Python Development Technical Lead, Bucharest
TeraVM 5G SBA is a containerized micro-services solution based on the latest available technologies including Docker, Asynchronous Python, HTTP/2, and OpenAPI. It also leverages our existing Intellectual Property in C/C++, Virtualization, and high scale network simulation, including new developments in all areas.
Working in the TeraVM 5G SBA team, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining the framework and network functions that integrate our 5G test & monitoring solution. This role provides unparalleled exposure to the latest telecom standards and networking technologies.
The TeraVM product is a virtualized test/measurement solution that can emulate/measure millions of application streams. As a solution, TeraVM can be embedded in different test setups: OpenStack / Hybrid Cloud, Cyber Thread Analysis, Video delivery, Network Visualization Function, etc.
Luxoft is engaged with Wireless division in the development of the TerraVM line of products, being fully responsible for the development of a few of the applications that are parts of the TerraVM eco-system.
• Working with product management to specify how customer requirements can be developed into features in the product.
• Expanding the functionality and capabilities of our 5G Network Functions.
• Ensuring the product's Quality and Performance based on automated tests integrated within a Continuous Integration system.
• Finding and alleviating architectural bottlenecks, providing solutions that truly help our customers achieve the same.
• Exposing our product's features and capabilities through a configuration and management interface that is truly useful for the customer.
• Making our solution smarter, easier to integrate, and more able to diagnose issues and provide insightful and practical tips to our customers.
Must• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• At least 5 years' experience in the development of software for UMTS, LTE, 3G, 4G, mobile networks
• At least 3 years' experience in the development of networked solutions with Python and/or C/C++ (Kotlin, Scala, and Go will be considered)
• Agile development experience
• At least 5 years' experience in Linux networking: configuration, troubleshooting, virtual networks.
o Container-based deployments (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
o TCP/IP traffic analysis with tshark, tcpdump, wireshark
o REST programming with Swagger, OpenAPI, or equivalent
Nice to haveExperience with microservice architecture development is a plus
- English: Intermediate