Currently, will look to take on all Murex functional, technical and environments management support as well as new features implementation within a single globally distributed team (Sydney / London / Bangalore).
Business trips to Australia might be required with a further possibility of relocation to Australia (performance-based option on clients feedback)
Murex related Responsibility:
• Handling Murex production batch processing includes Date rolls for Various desks and entities, accounting and reporting batches.
• Handling user's Techno-Functional queries related to Murex / MLC / Datamart and Actuate.
• Understanding and improving the existing Murex setup (at client) in order to make the model efficient.
• Handling the technical issues with murex Accounting, processing and reporting
• Configuring the Datamart Batches and debugging the issues with it.
• Handling various queries related to realtime rates (RTI) and Murex Market Data Sets and fixings
• Configuring the processing script for various modules and debugging the issues related to it.
• Handling the issues related to Actuate Reports/M-Reports.
• Handling the issues related to the interface between Murex/MLC and Murex/Datamart/Actuate.
• Performing/Monitoring daily/monthly housekeep jobs related to Accounting, Market Data etc.
• providing support for various technical queries related to different module in murex (ex: Supervisor, payment, Confirmatimation)
• Providing support for OVernight Batch processing.
• Developing/Configuring the processing script/report/batch of feeders if required as part of Batch Support.
15) Setup new environments, refresh environments and take regular backups. Ability to manage multiple environments
O/S related Responsibility:
• Understanding and debugging various shell scripts/Perl scripts on production/QA/development servers.
• Providing support for various issues on production servers like memory issue or slowness, file system related issue.
• Designing and developing the shell scripts if required.
• Handling the file processing, process control and monitoring etc for Murex.
• Handling the Murex environment related issue associated with O/S.
D/B related Responsibility:
• Providing support for various Database activities like DB back up. Database refresh (includes (Oracle Import /Export ) (Sybase (dump/Load)).
• Providing support for Database maintenance, indexing, housekeeping etc.
• Debugging the database performance issue for various batches/jobs.
• Providing support for debugging Stored procedure and various murex issues related to database.
• Developing stored procedure, views etc if required."
Must"Experience - 4-6 Yrs of relevant Markets application support experience
• Good Unix knowledge - Commands, Shell scripting
• Good SQL knowledge
• Good Support Process - Incident Management, Problem Management Change management etc
• Good Communication & Stakeholder management
• Job Scheduling tool knowledge - Control M (Browse & Update) or any similar tool
• Support experience on Trading/capital market related tool similar to Murex
• 2-3 yeas of Murex Support knowledge & experience is mandatory
• Good in UNIX command is mandatory but shell scripting at a working knowledge should be fine.
• Murex Application and database Architecture
• Murex Accounting Configuration
• Datamart Dynamic tables/Feeders/batch Configuration
• Murex RTI (Realtime) Configuration and concepts for Market Data
• Hands-on Experience in MXML development and Debugging (Must)
• Hands-on experience in any RDBMS (ORACLE/SYBASE) (SQL/Pl-sql)
• Experience in JAVA/XML( will be an added advantage).
• Experience in Shell Scripting ( experience in Perl scripting will be an added advantage).
• Experience on Any treasury application other than Murex (Will be an added advantage)
• Experience in Operations System like Unix /Solaris/HP-UX/Windows
• Experience in Various version of Murex will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of one or more Scheduling tool.
Domain knowledge :
• Should possess an understanding of financial markets
• Basic knowledge of financial instruments such as Interest Rate Derivatives, Credit
• Derivatives, Currency Derivatives, Swaps, Futures, Options, FRA, etc.
Nice to have"• Minimum academic requirements: Bachelors Degree from a reputed university with good passing scores
• Understanding of Trade Life Cycle (Pricing>>Booking>>Validation>>Confirmation>>Settlements>>Accounting>>Reporting>>Events>>Market Risk>>Credit Risk>>Market Data etc)
• Murex specific API's
- English: Intermediate