Team: As part of this organization, Market Risk IT Change is a team of approximately 80 business analysts across London, Singapore, Poland, and India. The market risk applications are receiving significant investment through critical regulatory programs including the BCBS Fundamental Review of the Trading Book, the FED CCAR initiative, and FINMA Pillar 2 commitments to migrate the target state business processes to a new strategic platform whilst continuing to add new functionality and capacity.
Opportunities: As a Scrum Master on the FRTB project, you will have the opportunity to join a dynamic and exciting distributed global project environment. You will have impact and shape how the teams in different locations work and run scaled agile across locations.
The FRTB project itself is critical strategic project for a bank, so the role gives quite significant visibility.
Additionally, close cooperation with the Quant teams creates opportunity to gain more knowledge in banking domain.
In addition, the project maintains a Scrum of Scrums / Scaled Agile process to guide the delivery of several further Agile delivery teams contributing to the project objective. A key responsibility of the role is to work closely with the Scrum Masters and Product Owners of the contributing teams to ensure that a validated product roadmap is available for the project and to administer the ceremonies for the Scaled Agile process.
As a Scrum Master you will be responsible for:
• Facilitating the teams and their environment by running Team meetings, Agile Scrum ceremonies, and enforcing Agile behavior
• Motivating the teams
• Promoting self-organization
• Ensuring the focus of the teams by protecting them against interruptions and disturbances from the outside
• Removing impediments in order to maximize teams' performance
• Mentoring teams on agile practices to get them to a good level of maturity
• Implementing continuous improvements and improving standards
Must1. Fluent English to business standard
2. 2+ years' experience as a Scrum Master
3. Knowledge of financial products
4. Demonstrable experience in delivering solutions using Agile Scrum
5. Good interpersonal relationship skills - required for building collaborative partnerships with stakeholders
Nice to have1. An Agile Scrum Master Certification
2. Strong written communication skills
3. Solid experience with all phases of software development lifecycle
4. Proficient in the use of Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
5. Organised and able to plan future activities based on prioritisation of time, capacity and urgency
6. Able to accommodate a challenging environment, where requirements may evolve throughout
7. Experience in a business analysis role within a financial institution
8. An understanding of Testing methodologies e.g. Test-Driven Development and Behavior-Driven Development
- English: Advanced/Fluent