Database Administrator/Architect, Wroclaw
• Manage the overall health and status of the database
• Perform capacity planning and evaluate database growth
• Plan and implement backup and recovery
• Perform database optimization, performance tuning, data migration
• Manage database objects, including tables, partitions, indexes, views, sequences, buckets, etc.
• Provide technical support to application development teams and test teams (including load and performance testing). Troubleshoot applications, and tune the database to achieve optimum query performance and storage utilization
• Assist with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects. Enforce and maintain database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
• Propose improvements to existing data storage approaches and techniques
• Secure databases and maintain database security posture.
• Maintain system currency including patching and version upgrades
• Maintain documentation for projects and incident handling
Because of the nature of the broadcast business, scheduled, on-call support may occasionally be required. Minimum travel may also be required.
MustApplicant must possess a Bachelor's degree in a related engineering field, and have at least 4 years of professional experience in the area of Database installation, administration and tuning. DB administration skills are required; DB architect and development skills are desirable. Applicant should possess the following skills:
• Knowledge of Couchbase Cluster Sizing, N1QL, XDCR, Bucket Replica, and In-Memory options
• Experience with Couchbase architecture; enterprise environment supporting
• Performance tuning, backup, and restore, data migration
• Hands-on experience in detection and troubleshooting of issues
• Conceptual knowledge of Oracle RDBMS internals, Backup & Recovery using RMAN, performance tuning, the logical and physical design of a database
• Experience with Oracle RAC and ASM Administration; Golden Gate and Data Guard; all database tasks; data loading in Oracle from other non-RDBMS systems
• Good knowledge and experience in SQL and Oracle PL/SQL
• Ability to perform both DB and also operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments
• Basic knowledge of UNIX/Linux from DBA perspective
• Passionate about DB administration and DB architecture;
• Eager learner of new technologies and tools;
• Written and verbal interpersonal communications skills;
• Team member;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Good verbal and written communication English skills.
Nice to have-
- English: Advanced/Fluent