Excelian have been asked to build a Digital focused fully autonomous feature team to assist with a number of cutting edge initiatives.
Technical Roles and Responsibilities
• Demonstrate a systematic and disciplined architecture, system design and programming approach following a standard software development lifecycle
• Meticulous attention to detail and strong focus on clear and practical documentation
• Work closely with senior management, Development Manager, Project Manager, and a team of developers.
• Design, Code, Unit Test and support Software components
• Deliver quality software in a time following standard software development processes
• Analyze problems raised in software development or production environments and provide timely solutions
• Develop, prepare and maintain system documentation, including program descriptions, operational procedures etc.
• Act as the second line of support during production problems.
• Candidates must have a demonstrable ability to produce high quality UI and UX
• Experience of Bootstrap and knowledge of Node JS, Backbone.
• Knowledge of open source solutions and trending technologies
• Exposure to broader web technologies such as REStful API's
• Knowledge of Java, Scala and the JVM.
• Strong understanding of web standards, security, accessibility, browser compatibility,
• Demonstrable Experience of TDD and BDD Knowledge with tools such as JsUnit, Mocha, Karma, jUnit, ScalaTest, AssertJ and Cucumber
• Exposure to Continuous Build and Deployment Solutions such as Jenkins / Bamboo
• Exposure to GIT, Jira and Stash
Development Methodologies and Practices
• Worked within an Agile environment using methodologies such as Scrum / KanBan / XP and Lean
• Sounds and Demonstrable knowledge of Design Patterns, OO Programming and when to use patterns including Knowledge Complex Event Processing, CQRS, Event Sourcing
• Interest or Working Knowledge of NoSql Repositories
Nice to have• Good knowledge on financial instruments and derivatives, trading and risk management, market data, and market risk processes and methodologies.
• Good understanding of risk measures, risk analysis and reporting.
• Knowledge of at least one specific asset class / line of financial instruments would be valued.
- English: Advanced/Fluent