Experience in implementing, maintaining Management Reporting, Time Reporting systems, will be an added advantage.
The position requires a quality-focused and detail-oriented Business Analyst with a demonstrated track record of providing solutions for high-priority business goals and strategic management decisions. The incumbent should be a skilled troubleshooter and problem solver with the ability to translate business processes and problem statements into requirements. The incumbent must be conversant with all stages of SDLC and be able to deliver results within tight timelines.
MustEssential Job Functions:
• Interface with the business client to understand business needs and requirements, and to help develop and maintain the client relationship
• Build stakeholder consensus and ensure everyone is on the same page, in agreement, and can visualize the solution being proposed
• Develop business cases, requirements, use cases, test plans, test strategies, test cases, and operational procedures and plans
• Document business processes and workflows
• Craft business cases to evaluate the feasibility of technology initiatives
• Identify business and functional requirements by working with application end-users, and lead the collection, analysis, documentation, and coordination of those requirements
• Design and execute test cases for application development and implementation projects
• Collaborate with IT professionals to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions are feasible to meet business requirements
• Leverage rapid prototyping approaches to present as-is/to-be processes/workflows and rough designs of the proposed solution
• Maintain a comprehensive chronological trail of requirements and agreements and actively contribute to the project change control process. Document and manage issues and actions
• Provide overall support to ensure the successful design, testing, and implementation of applications that support the business unit, Also, provide support in developing training materials and conducting training
• Document and manage issues and actions for IT applications and projects
• Prepare and make presentations using MS PowerPoint and Visio to project stakeholders and management
• Participate in the evaluation of new products or initiatives to determine the technology support required
• Evaluate applications and IT environments, and analyze gaps between current and desired states
• Propose recommendations based on industry best practices
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Banking and Finance
or Computer Science or Information Systems with work experience in the Accounting, Investment and Finance domains.
• A minimum of 4 years relevant experience, preferably in a multinational corporation.
• Experience in defining and implementing technology solutions for a major financial institution
• Extensive experience as a Business Analyst for a large financial institution
• Experience in Management reporting and all the components of management reporting (cost allocation, budgeting, expenses etc.).
• Ability to work with different teams across different geographic regions and coordinate activities.
• Ability to understand he finance and accounting terms and interpret that for developers and system architects.
• Extensive experience with implementing large scale systems
• Extensive experience in gathering business requirements and developing functional specifications with special emphasis on use cases, defining test cases, and providing user training and support
• Extensive experience with various system development lifecycle methodologies and tailoring the artifacts to those methodologies
• Experience with BPM tools like iGrafix, PEGA and Cordys is a plus but not required.
Nice to have• Understanding of business processes involved in Investment lending and processing. Experience in accounting systems, transaction processing. Strong process analysis skills and ability to suggest improvements for efficiency and effectiveness of solutions based on industry best practices
• Knowledge of business analysis best practices (such as BABOK) and ability to effectively apply them
• Advanced knowledge of specific business area, process, workflows, standards, and business practices
• Proven conceptual, analytical, and judgmental skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate well with all levels, technical as well as non-technical stakeholders
• Ability to work directly with clients and management without supervision and to facilitate and navigate discussions with stakeholders to ensure clarity, prioritization, and consensus
• Leadership skills and ability to work well with diverse team members, often in multiple locations
• Ability to work with different points-of-view and lead the team to convergence, while always keeping the project objectives in sight
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Excellent personal organization skills and ability to take things to closure without follow-ups
Desired Skills/Abilities (not required but a plus)
• Desirable knowledge of PL/SQL and Oracle, and reporting tools such as Business Objects (SAP)
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools
• Knowledge of ITIL, service, and process management
• Certificate such as IIBA, ITIL Foundation, etc.
• Experience with implementing information security processes
• Experience with an IT Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) tool such as RSAM, Archer
• Experience in project management Pluses for Level II
- English: Advanced/Fluent