• Engineer needs to coordinate with Domains, Functional Owners and Suppliers.
• Is responsible for multiple component ownership for Android HMI development
• Develop, maintain and support platform software in Integration scope.
• Manages small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and follow through.
• Manages large projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating, and developing requirements in compliance with the established software development process.
• Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues.
• Work on Monitoring (KPI) and stability of the platform and optimization.
• Manage dependencies and interfaces to other functional areas and subprojects proactively
• Ensure the delivery of features in scope, time and quality.
• Ensure that the SW process is applied in the project in consultation with SW-APQP.
• Ensure traceability and consistency of requirements, feature maturity, test specifications, defects, and change requests
• Report status, issues and progress of the SW development to the SW project lead
• Effort estimation for Change Requests from Product Management
• Ensure pre-integration testing and verification for the functional area and its features.
• Ensure the implementation of defined test strategies and document the achieved results.
• Delivery of the software for software Integration
• Defect triaging and work with other domains for the resolution
Must• 6-8 years of experience in C, C++, Java
• Very Strong working experience in Java and Multi-Threaded environment.
• Very Strong understanding of IPC, Threads, Memory management & OS Concepts.
• Expert in Android Application development, Android HAL/framework development, integration in platform.
• Good exposure to System concepts, platform bring up, device drivers development & compiling kernel.
• Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects
• Good experience in Android internals (Android O/P.Car preferred)
• Android build, porting and customization experience.
• Android BSP bring-up experience would be added plus.
• Working knowledge of system level debugging
• Experience of system integration for automotive infotainment systems is preferred
• Negotiate SW scope, priorities and deliverable with Product Management, SW Project Level as well as with other functional areas
• Implementation strategy of the functional area
• Prioritization of feature development
• Decision of software changes with impact on the current plan (time, quality, budget); escalation to SW Project Level depending on level impact
• Sign-Off for domain/CoC implementation planning
• Strong communication and moderation skills
Nice to have• Leadership of SW development teams for the full development life cycle
- English: Upper-intermediate