Its Automotive Practice provides leading-edge embedded software solutions empowering international Automotive Manufacturers (OEMs) and Suppliers (Tier1s) to create future-ready mobility solutions in the car itself as well as connected to the car (Telematics, car2x, SOTA). Their industry practices leverage deep domain insights to enable embedded software consulting, development and testing solutions in the areas of Digital Cockpits, Autonomous Drive, and Connected Mobility.
Currently we are looking for a Technical Pre-sales Director Automotive who will provide regional technical sales support to the company’s sales and account management team.
• Support Sales and Account Management team (SAM) with technical strategy definition and development of technical relationships with-in existing accounts as well as at new customers.
• Work closely with other members of the Automotive Sales and Account Management teams to facilitate sell-to and sell-through opportunities to the Automotive customers.
• Support the SAM team in development and keeping up-to-date of Regional Plan and Account Development plan for each major customer and prospect lead.
• Manage technical expectations by customer in each dedicated opportunity. Align company’s offering in proposals to correspond to such customer needs.
• Act as a technical interface between SAM team and Solution Practice and Delivery / Engineering teams. Stay up to date on latest offerings from Solution Practices. Align their offerings with customer needs. Provide directions to Practices on possible adjustments of their offering based on technology trends and (regional specific) needs from customers that would help winning additional business.
• Lead the technical part of the proposal development process for opportunities. Provide guidance to SAM, PreSales Support, Solution and Engineering teams during proposals development. Be responsible and take active part in development of proposal’s technical offering. Make sure that such technical offering is aligned to customer needs.
• Insure that proposal development and other opportunity-related activities are aligned to sales process and all format steps are implemented properly according this process and according to the Technical Presales role.
• Communicate with Practice and Delivery teams to promote to them latest technology trends from the market. In this way support Engineering teams to be more capable of providing services demanded by customers.
• Report to Head of Technical PreSales team. Be aligned with goals and strategy of Technical PreSales department.
• Location: Detroit / Bangalore / Shanghai
Must• Education: A degree in Computer Science / Electronics / Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
• Technical Sales experience for embedded software services in a role of a Technical PreSales, Product Manager, Product Marketing Manager or Technical Business Developer.
• Working knowledge of modern embedded Automotive technologies including IVI/HMI, AD and ADAS, Connected Mobility etc.
• Good understanding of the Automotive industry ecosystem and an maintaining an existing contact network to OEMs and/or Tier1s.
• Understanding of contemporary IT technologies and platforms, product development lifecycle, automotive certifications and software development methodologies is a plus.
• Experience of working in multi-cultural international environment.
• Articulate, excellent presentation and communication skills as well as strong influencing and negotiation skills to drive results.
• Fluent English
Nice to have-
- English: Advanced/Fluent