Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
Principal Consultant (Drilling SME), Stavanger
Our customer, one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry has a need to develop and support enterprise information system in Oil & Gas domain.
- Will be responsible for collaborating with stakeholders
- Responsible for technical review for all documentation
- Will be responsible for explaining requests from stakeholders to the software development team
- Will be responsible for creating acceptance criteria and testing objectives
- Responsible for verifying acceptance criteria for new features has been met for all work items
- Will need to test the Drilling Engineering software and report defects
- May be responsible for creating and keeping the backlog up to date and prioritize the backlog
MustUnder general supervision, has good knowledge and understanding of applicable science and technology and the oil and gas industry, gained through formal education and work experience.
- Technical/Domain (Drilling & Completions) front person to the customer for the team.
- Identify and streamline actionable well construction multidisciplinary workflows inside and outside current operating areas.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams (internal/external) to review and analyze technical requirements along the well construction process.
- Lead the validation of requirements and rules for customer DWP workflows.
- Provide input for the design and construction of test cases and business scenarios.
- Assist to define a framework for doing exception management and change management along the workflows, depending on the degree of change and the level of condition-based monitoring, etc, which are critical elements driving the entire process.
- Establish, maintain and leverage relationships across the assigned customer and within the LMK & HAL organization.
- Managing communication with multiple stakeholders, weekly project status reporting, issues, risk and challenges and coordination for timely resolution. - Work with Business and technology executives to ensure system/process changes are in place as per the requirements defined with the customer.
- Liaise with vendor/technical support team if product/application specific issues are encountered.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Mentor and develop junior team members.
- Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in geo-science, petroleum engineering, or any other applicable engineering
- 8 or more years of experience.
Nice to have• Knowledge of drilling tools
• Knowledge of the drilling process
• Familiar with Agile
• Familiar with TFS
• Communicate estimates to stakeholders
• Will be responsible for creating and keeping the backlog up to date and prioritize the backlog
• Product owner certification/related experience
- English: Upper-intermediate