About the Project
We are currently looking for a highly skilled individual with software development and platform engineering skills to join the Odyssey engineering team. As a Java Engineer you will be responsible for helping us to integrate the Odyssey platform with services and tooling from Azure. Odyssey is the bank's strategic developer enablement & innovation platform used by 30,000 IT employees globally across the bank.
We are a global group of approximately 40 engineers. The group is divided into 4 engineering teams whose members work together in Agile teams to deliver projects that align to the team’s objectives. We have engineers located in Zurich, Wroclaw, Warsaw, London, Dublin, Raleigh, Pune and Singapore. Projects are run either within a region or across regions with project teams communicating on a daily basis through standups or 1:1 communication where required.
Java, Azure, Jenkins, TeamCity
Opportunities for you
Ability to produce solutions that will be used by 30k users.
Working with senior stakeholders to implement and define parts of the toolchain cloud deployment strategy.
Working with new technologies such as Azure, AKS, Docker, Artifactory
• Take ownership of new features for the Odyssey platform across the full software development lifecycle
• Represent and champion the platform within the bank's container and cloud community
• Provide operational support for the Odyssey platform, with a view to automating and simplifying tasks, and improving scalability, reliability, performance and resilience
• Provide technical expertise for the community and collaborate with other engineering teams across the bank
• Partner with senior stakeholders both in the team and across the bank
Must• Experience designing and developing Java web applications using frameworks (Spring)
• Familiarity with test automation tools and frameworks
• Familiarity with relational databases
• Experience managing Java applications on Linux
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Test automation
Nice to have• Hands on experience with Git and Jenkins
• Experience with at least one of Angular, React or Vue.js
• Experience with Spring Boot
• Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and CM tools such as SaltStack
• Experience with scripting languages such as Bash or Python
• Knowledge around containers and virtualization solutions
• Familiarity with design patterns
• Understanding of DevOps principles and practices
- English: Advanced/Fluent