Who are Digital Consulting?
Excelian Digital Consulting is a team of energetic, enthusiastic, expert individuals working together to deliver cutting edge software solutions for the financial services industry. You will be instrumental in helping us find, adapt and invent solutions for complex scenarios. You will be involved in solving workflow problems, developing new ways of visualising data, and working out what digital solutions the client needs in their solution that even they don't realise yet.
You will work alongside a strong, global team of individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills in digital consulting to deliver within our core areas of expertise: AI and Machine Learning, DevOps, cloud solutions, Big Data, UX design and UI development. We're a recognised leader in the development and delivery of innovative solutions for the financial marketplace, with a culture that fosters knowledge sharing, mentoring and growth.
Why work with us?
◆ We believe in the agile manifesto - "constant attention to technical excellence breeds agility" we centre our learning and development around this one truth. For instance, we provide a training budget and this may include study time or conference attendance, or specific kata-based learning - it will be for you to decide in partnership with your career mentor.
◆ Mentoring, training and education ensure all employees continually build their skills and knowledge in areas that matter the most to them
◆ Bonus scheme aligned to learning goals
◆ An array of opportunities to showcase your skills on a variety of client site projects, with the opportunity to travel if so desired
◆Support from marketing in publication of blogs and the opportunity to represent Excelian at industry conferences, whether attending or speaking on our behalf
◆A friendly and welcoming London office, with regular charity events, free breakfast, sports competitions, and Friday drinks
You will work alongside a strong, global team of diverse individuals to:
◆ Work collaboratively with other technologists and other stakeholders within the business
◆ Participate in development efforts for projects, design where necessary, take part in POCs
◆ Write high quality code in accordance to best practice
◆ Produce elegant solutions to client's challenging problems
◆ Participate in code reviews
◆ Mentor less experienced developers
◆ Input into pre-sales and client proposals
◆ Contribute to practice thought leadership
You will assist the practice in:
◆ Discovering and verifying opportunities for new business
◆ Helping to structure work, planning new analyses, translating business questions into analytical projects
This role is for a senior technical consultant with strong leadership capabilities working out of Toronto/New York who will be involved in pre-sales activity and delivering one or more projects across any number of the disciplines Digital consulting serves (e.g. Cloud, devops, big data, fast data, UI).
• You will have broad skills in several technical areas, but you will likely also have deep technical expertise in at least one of our core technical disciplines of cloud, devops/SRE, Big/fast data, UI, Engineering, architecture.
• You will be able to take on a variety of roles in fast paced financial markets projects
• You will remain hands-on whilst making contributions around code quality, standards, planning and team leading where appropriate
• You should be able to keep up with key technology trends (e.g. blogging and attending or presenting at technology meetups)
• You should be keen to contribute to the community of technologists
Must• Core Java 8, Architecting/Designing Enterprise solutions
• Micro-services - Architecture knowledge and experience
• Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud
• Cloud architecture and experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
• Container frameworks - Docker, Kubernetes
Direct experience of working in a consulting or professional services firm
• Experience leading multiple (2+) teams concurrently,
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
• Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work well under pressure to manage competing demands.
• Strong judgment, with the ability to make quick, yet sound decisions and follow through.
• Creative approach to problem-solving, with a strong customer focus and commitment to deliver.
• Team-player attitude, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish high-trust professional relationships quickly.
You will have several of the following technical areas of expertise:
• SQL (Any RDBMS)
• Full Stack Experience building web and mobile applications
• Any mobile technologies
• Messaging and Integration Technologies (E.g., Apache Camel, JMS, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
• DevOps / Continuous Delivery - Jenkins, GIT, Cloudformation, ARM, Terraform
• Monitoring Tools (e.g. JMX, Splunk, ELK, AppDynamics, New Relic)
• Financial Services
Nice to have• Big Data & NoSQL Technologies (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, Couchbase, MongoDB, ElasticSearch)
• Distributed Systems
• Appreciation of other technologies/languages - .NET, Node, Go, Kotlin, Python
- English: Advanced/Fluent