Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
Java Architect, Bucharest
TeraVM is a fully virtualized (on multiple hypervisors), highly scalable application for testing multi-service IP networks. It determines the key quality and performance limitations associated with the deployment of next generation voice, video and data applications and helps the world's largest companies develop and deploy associated services with confidence.
In this role the successful candidate will be a key member of the TeraVM Architecture team and will specifically own the design and architecture of the Java component of the TeraVM product. This will involve working closely with Platform and Protocol Architects and key members of the development team.
• Lead the microservice architecture evolution: assess the current state, propose improvements and work together with the team to bring our microservices into a containerized environment
• Propose improvements to our CI/CD pipelines, to leverage the use of containers
• Work directly with the Java development team to continually evolve and improve on the product architecture
• Monitor and review requirement objectives, scope, and technical design to ensure they are in-line with the product architecture and system performance and scalability needs and are compliant with established design patterns, policies and best practices
• Identify architecture/design problems and recommend strategic improvements to the product, select and introduce technologies to address these problems and apply recommended practices in a sensible way
• Provide technical leadership, mentoring and training to the Java team. Help them to resolve problems and use best practices
• Work with the Platform and Protocol Architects to develop technology road maps, to track emerging technologies, evaluate their applicability to TeraVM as part of an overall goal to provide continuous improvement to TeraVM
Must• • 5+ years in a Java architecture/design role
• At least 10 years of experience in software design and development
• Experience in building microservice solutions and solving associated problems, especially in a Cloud environment
• At least 3 years of experience of container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience using tools to build, deploy and maintain containers and of deploying Java applications in virtualized and containerized platforms
• Proven knowledge solving typical challenges that arise around microservice architectures: API versioning, service upgrades, request traceability; to mention some.
• Extensive experience and knowledge of different Java frameworks, integration technologies, Web App solutions and API design and be able to use this knowledge to identify problems and recommend practical solutions and improvements to these problems
• Previous experience with new product development and delivery to a worldwide customer base
• The skills to engage with key stakeholders (Sales, Product Management, Project Management, Development) to understand current and future product requirements and ensure product design is capable of supporting these requirements
• Must have excellent communication skills, be a real team player, a creative thinker, an excellent problem solver, self-driven and motivated to succeed
• Customer and quality driven but also pragmatic and keeps the business interests in mind
• Practical experience working with distributed Scrum teams
• Experience in virtualization technologies including ESXi, KVM, XEN, Hyper-V
• Must be educated to a degree level in computer science/engineering or have equivalent experience
Nice to have• Experience in Linux system architecture and telecom protocols is an advantage
• Certification such as Java EE Enterprise Architect is an advantage
- English: Intermediate