Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
We are looking for a senior developer to join our Murex development team at one of our main Australian clients. You will be part of a dynamic team consisting of a combination of client and Excelian staff working together to deliver key client projects.
You should be able to work independently on technical solutions, asking the right questions to technology and business stakeholders and designing and developing fit-for-purpose high quality deliverables. Being pragmatic and having a keen eye for quality and detail ensures that you are able to deliver within challenging deadlines but without sacrificing quality or taking excessive risk.
While this specific role focusses on MxML workflow development and related technologies, sufficient functional knowledge and good understanding of other parts of the Murex system is expected.
The work will be broader than just delivering code, it involves ensuring that: the release processes of the client are understood and adhered to, Excelian and client management are updated on progress, any support issues are handled with priority, concise but high-quality implementation and technical design documentation is created etc.
Must• Expert understanding of MxML workflows and related technologies (XML, XSLT, Xpath etc).
• MxML: Proven record on solution design and technical implementation for complex problems
• Good understanding of pretrade and different trade booking mechanisms/events.
• Very good SQL (Oracle/Sybase); understanding performance implications
• Sufficient knowledge on underlying Murex architecture with a focus on MxML related services
• Experience in at least some non-MxML subjects: Datamart, EOD, RTBS, Var, MLC etc
• Sufficient understanding of Unix/Linux commands
• Some Core Java programming and scripting (Bash/Perl/Python) experience is expected
• Client focus: understands clients' businesses; identifies and understands the needs and objectives of clients, both on an individual and corporate basis; builds strong relationships to aid Excelian's aim of being a trusted partner to the clients.
• Communication skills: expresses ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing; adjusts language, terminology and non-verbal communication as appropriate.
• Teamwork: works effectively with others; helps to build strong teams and networks.
• Personal leadership: realistically identifies own skills, experience, knowledge and other personal attributes; displays confidence and resilience.
• Planning and organising: identifies and meets milestones; understands and articulates deliverables; assesses and mitigates risks; sticks to the scope of work and manages any changes.
• Analytical decision-making: identifies and solves problems using insight and experience to make good decisions; gathers relevant information, identifying important issues and drawing conclusions.
Nice to have• Commodities / FXCash / FXD asset classes
• Version control (git)
• CTRL-M, Autosys
• Murex Accounting
• Murex specific API's
- English: Intermediate