Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
Together with the client we create financial software and data products for the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry, developing leading middle and back office platform for crypto to count some of the industry's largest funds, administrators, trading desks and exchanges as end-user customers.
Now we are looking for an experienced Development DBA technologist to become a member of the engineering team. This person will be based in co-location with the client in the New York City, so advanced English is a must.
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong, highly motivated, hands-on senior Development DBA to work with the application development team to design and build database architecture, support various database repositories and write efficient SQL queries for our flagship products.
We expect this individual to participate in all aspects of database development, deployment, and testing, while delivering a cutting edge, real-time, high volume, cryptocurrency and blockchain based solutions.
• Ensuring database meets standards for consistency, readability, scalability, and performance
• Write efficient SQL queries for various routines and complex business logic
• SQL performance tuning of new and existing applications
• Ensure uptime, reliability, performance, and correctness of data platform
• Automate database infrastructure, configuration, and telemetry management
Must• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
• 7+ years of experience in PostgreSQL (or similar RDBMS) database management and deployment
• Excellent knowledge of SQL, query performance management, optimization, monitoring
• Hands on experience with managing data integrity, security, backup and recover
• Experience in enterprise implementations for high volume, transactional environments
• Experience with database design and database modeling tools
• Strong sense of ownership
Nice to have• Experience with cloud databases (AWS RDS), containers (Docker), microservices, DevOps is a plus
• Experience with DLT technologies and a knowledge of the finance domain would be an advantage
- English: Advanced/Fluent