Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
The software inside a vehicle was traditionally expected to be a very controlled and self-contained environment. Equipping cars with perception and machine intelligence changes a lot in the overall picture of the vehicle manufacturer. LUXOFT's goal is to empower our customers, with deep domain knowledge and smart solutions, to develop cars of the future. Great mechanical engineering is not the only criteria anymore for delivering the best cars in the world. Using state of the art software technologies are key to provide the requested user experience.
For the development of a next generation ECU responsible for basic, comfort and premium features in vehicles, we are looking for a Project Manager (m/f/d). Join our team of enthusiastic and experienced software engineers in Gdansk and help manage the software development of an entire functional area of a car, keeping the release cycle for software running that will be used in future vehicles of a renowned German automotive manufacturer world wide. Support the development of challenging features that will be used on a daily basis by millions of drivers once the next generation of vehicles hit the roads in 2021.
• Establish and maintain communication with project stakeholders, program management and corporate functions (HR, Recruitment etc.)
• Provide metrics to upper management regarding project health, costs, efforts, defects
• Develop and negotiate procedures for changing scope and project acceptance
• Consult with client to understand and analyze project scope, project requirements, time, cost, projected benefits
• Manage all aspects of an IT project: project planning, coordination, timing, quality, cost and early identification of potential issues / risks.
Must• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree educated in a business or IT related field
• 6+ years' of hands-on experience in automotive, aerospace or telecommunication in a technical role (software development, software architecture, technical testing)
• 3+ years' experience managing software development teams
• Able to motivate people, understand team dynamics and create a secure and enjoyable working environment
• A strong technical IT understanding of SW Development processes to hold deep technical discussions and propose solutions involving involving the following areas:
Automotive Software, Software Architecture, Diagnostics, AUTOSAR, C++ programming
• Able to handle client requests and escalations
• Strong organizational and motivational skills
• Strong level of resilience and personal initiative
• Initiative acting and dedicated commitment
• High awareness of quality and deadlines
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Nice to have• SW Development or strong Embedded background as well as passion for and understanding of Automotive
• Experience in leading an international team
• Experienced in working with distributed agile teams
• Experience working with Jira, DOORS, Tableau
- English: Advanced/Fluent
- Polish: Native