Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
Prudential's IT organization, Global Business and Technology Solutions (GBTS) is seeking a Senior Linux Administrator to work in Sunnyvale, CA. This exciting position will offer a qualified candidate the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated Linux Engineering/Operations practice in a corporate IT organization. At the same time, they will partner closely with one of Prudential's strategic lines of businesses to leverage the public cloud (AWS) for a competitive advantage. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, has passion for technology, and a desire to provide outstanding customer service. The position focuses on ensuring the reliability and maintainability of services that are leveraged as part of the enterprise adoption of public cloud (AWS). A successful candidate will utilize technology to automate solutions and optimize outcomes, never wanting to see the same class of problem twice. The top technical skills for this role include advance Linux skills to support Linux instances and Cloud/Linux initiatives in AWS, including scripting/coding skills for automation
• Design, implement, and maintain RHEL Linux environments (essential)
• Design, implement, and maintain orchestration/script for end user deployment of Linux instances (required - shell, perl, Ansible)
• Configuration management tools like puppet, ansible (essential)
• Ability to maintain LAMP Stack (essential)
• Design knowledge of containers and Docker (Desirable)
• Implement deployments across various IaaS providers (essential - AWS)
• Monitoring and Tuning Performance of RHEL Linux (essential)
• Understand road maps and work through Backlogs (essential)
• Knowledgeable about native and third party AD authentication tools on Linux like Vintela. (Desirable)
• Execute performance tuning activities, develop monitoring processes, and provide performance recommendations for Linux environment (essential)
• Support Linux Servers and configurations plus reporting and monitoring (essential)
• Interface with and guide application owners and developers to install, develop, and maintain, the application servers (essential)
• Establish processes and procedures for application loading and configurations (essential)
• Creation of architecture documents, operations process and procedure documents, troubleshooting documents, and run-books (essential)
• Work in Agile, collaborative environment to build, deploy, configure, and maintain systems, which may include (essential)
• software installations, updates, and core services (essential)
• Contribute to the design, development and execution of system changes (essential)
• Provide 7x24x365 support for the company (essential)
• Provide support where needed, including diagnostics and tuning (essential)
• Late nights and weekend work will be required (essential)
• They should also be able to be innovative and flexible to troubleshoot production issues and determine the root causes of issues. (essential)
• Consume/have literacy using source code repositories such as Bitbucket, GitHub, Artifactory, or comparable toolsets. (Desirable)
• Have experience with Container docker orchestration tooling (ECS & EKS). (Desirable)
• Leverage enterprise toolsets such as Splunk to search, analyze, visualize, and report on machine generated data to help achieve operational excellence. (essential)
• Troubleshoot AWS cloud issues and support AWS cloud native services. (essential)
• Successfully collaborate across various technology disciplines. (essential)
• Help evangelize IT best practices and trends including TechOps, Cloud, Automation, DevOps, etc. . (essential)
• Linux admin experience for RHEL 6 & 7 necessary. (essential)
• Software Defined Network (SDN) experience a plus. . (essential)
• ServiceNow Integration experience. (Desirable)
MustIn addition to the qualifications above, the candidate must be able to work well in a team environment while providing leadership in areas of expertise. Candidates will be interviewed for potential in all areas of responsibility described and must also have the skills below:
• The candidate should be a self-starter, have the aptitude to work on complex projects individually, and at the same time excel when working in a team environment.
• Minimum 7 years of Linux Administration and cloud technologies current experience.
• 2-3+ years' experience in information technology required and four year Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related technical field.
• Ability to work with ambiguous and abstract concepts, as the candidate will often have to resolve complex customer inquiries.
• Innovation skills and vision. Possesses and can further cultivate diversity of thought.
• Ability to process new concepts and technologies quickly, has an appetite for learning.
• A problem-solving mindset, someone with the skills and attributes to find the most appropriate solution that will bring about the desired change/outcome.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and flex when priorities change.
• An ability to influence through teamwork and collaboration.
• A passion to provide world class customer service.
• Ability to provide 7x24x365 on call support
• The ability to travel. Travel is required up to 2-4 times to the NY/NJ Metro area.
Nice to have/
- English: Advanced/Fluent