Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
Our Customer is one of the world's largest investment management companies. Based in Southern California, our client manages close to $2 trillion in assets and is looking for a new partner to participate in a full scale upgrade of their technology. We are looking for talented and ambitious people to work on the engagement in the client's offices near Los Angeles, California.
This program is supported by a team of Software Configuration Managers (SCM's). The SCM's handle a significant volume of environment, configuration, deployment and related tasks. In order to complete many of these tasks, the SCM's require information/input from program architects, developers, etc. At times, work may be delayed as the SCM seeks out (and perhaps waits for) information that is needed to complete a specific task.
With this role, we are streamlining the communication between the SCM's and other project team members. The goal is for the various SCM's to work directly with this resource to gather the information and feedback needed to complete specific tasks. Therefore, what is required is a strong mix of communications (both verbal & written), technical, and leadership skills. This resource will be required to communicate both with the SCM's and many other program team members (developers, BSA's, etc.). They also will need to be able to prioritize their own work as they will be working with multiple SCM's, on multiple tasks, concurrently. As this resource gains experience and knowledge in this program/environment, the resource will be able to directly provide information and answer questions (this is the ultimate goal).
• Initial technical analysis of incoming issues
• Handle incoming incidents and service requests, either resolving them or routing to offshore team for resolution
• Coordinate activities with multiple groups, including deployment and environment support teams
• Applications monitoring
• Support of technical upgrades such as migration to new version of application server
• Automate tasks/test around DevOps tools
Must• Experience with: Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Consul or similar
• Excellent in issue investigation, prioritization, and resolution
• Outstanding writing and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work on multiple tasks/issues concurrently
• Ability to learn while doing
• Ability to remain calm and professionally handle issues when stress levels increase
• The following skills/experience will allow the resource to be successful in this role:
o Practical experience with job schedulers
o Overall understanding of DB structure and SQL scripts
o Practical experience of writing and providing debug for scripts and source code, understanding of the object-oriented model
o Proven ability to administrate, support and resolve issues for Windows, Linux OS, and Oracle database
o CI setup practical experience
o Chef, Ruby and some programming experience
Nice to have-
- English: Upper-intermediate