Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
Data Governance is a regulatory imposed functional process that looks at what data is flowing between the different systems and produces reports for both internal and external regulators. It consists of a Data Dictionary and a Data Quality Issue Management application.
The project team will perform migration of functionalities and data from the current system (i.e. GDD) to the new Collibra platform. Further developments and customization of the new platform are in scope.
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to help progressing with steady improvements in quality and confidence of deliverables. Project in turn offers wide variety of technologies where one can grow and improve the knowledge in technology, business and coding skills.
Do you enjoy working with people in the multicultural environment across different regions? Do you like getting a deep understanding of complex problems and then converting them into simple, elegant solutions? Do you take pride in the code you deliver, by following the highest IT development standards?
You'll be working in the Data Management Technology team in Zurich, Switzerland. We are a global team providing Data Management Technology Solutions including but not limited to Data Governance, Data Lineage and Data Quality Monitoring to all Business Areas, Support and Control Functions. This allows our internal clients to stay compliant with regulatory requirements, to create business value and to reduce their overall cost base. As an IT Software Engineer, you'll play an important role in successfully delivering the projects within this area.
- Support the team in other areas like developing integration components and reports
- Conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
- Applications development, cooperating with QA team and colleagues in different locations.
- Understanding the technology stack and how it impacts their development approach.
- Agile development of feature based deliverables, perform the post release support.
- Analyze root-causes in case of incidents and provide solutions for solving the problem.
- Active participation in technical discussions and solutions design.
Must- 7 years+ working as Java Developer, preferably within the financial services sector
- Proven track record as an IT Software Engineer
- Educational background in IT / Computer Science/ Business Informatics
- Good knowledge about workflow technologies like Flowable ideally also about Mule ESB.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills
- Good understanding of the project and software development lifecycle, preferably experience in Agile / Scrum methodology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- A strong team player
- Organized, well-structured and with drive to deliver
- A good listener
- Excellent at time management
- Goal-oriented and proactive
Nice to have- Experience with Collibra - a very nice to have
- Experience with Microsoft Azure - would be a big plus
- Experience with PostgreSQL - would be a plus
- Knowledge of Neo4j graph, Angular, Tableau, Could Computing
- English: Upper-intermediate