Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
The system's purpose is to provide risk reports to groups across the bank as well as external regulators. It is not strictly an end-user application but has circa 100 users consuming its results and working with its UI components. The system must deal with large volumes of incoming data in different formats, with a combination of real-time and daily input feeds. Calculations are extremely large scale and are distributed across a compute grid of few thousand CPUs.
• Project team consists of equally sized sub-teams
• Every sub-team is an independent delivery unit consisting of team lead, system analyst, developers (.Net/Java and DB), and testers
• High level planning is performed for every release to define the epics (projects) to be delivered to meet the business stakeholders' needs
• Release scope is split into sprints, and assigned out to the teams for the implementation by project and delivery managers
• Backlog grooming, sprint planning, demo and retrospective sessions are held for every sprint to achieve fast and continuous feedback from all the stakeholders
• JIRA is the main instrument for project planning, progress tracking and collaboration
• Onsite team is responsible for the initial analysis and technical design of new projects that are then handed over to the project team for the detailed analysis and estimation
• Transparent status reporting to guarantee sprint / project / release status visibility for all stakeholders
• Communication channels established to support business requirements and technical solutions discussion
• Back End - .Net/C#, WCF, Data Synapse GRID
• Database - Oracle, MS SQL Analysis Service
The candidate is expected to provide his technology expertise to help strengthen the position of Luxoft as a strategic IT service supplier for the customer, with a range of services spanning from very complex and large-scale IT transformational initiatives to application support.
∙ Take an active part in all aspects of the development process including planning, estimation, progress tracking, dependencies detection, issues prevention and solving
∙ Develop infrastructure and environments management plans
∙ Create rollout plan for the software products and services releases
∙ Design, create scripts for automating build & deployment processes
∙ Analyze, estimate, develop and solve complex configuration management problems
∙ Design, develop and test procedures for installation and configuration of the software products and services
∙ Plan, analyze, develop and implement the procedures and scripts for build and/or migration of data/applications/products across different platforms
∙ Participate in architecture review and performance improvements of the existing and future solutions
∙ Facilitate transition to best practices in architectural and operations management solutions
∙ Build and configure the new infrastructure for the solution
∙ Set-up environments, execute performance tuning, perform advanced settings update, assist with the tests preparation processes
∙ Create comprehensive solution documentation
∙ Define monitoring approaches and configure monitoring systems
∙ Coordinate work of the configuration management team by defining tasks and their priority, and tracking the implementation status and overall progress.
∙ Perform code review, bugfixing and development of .Net applications providing improvements and health-checks of a project infrastructure.
Must∙ Good spoken and written English (upper intermediate or higher)
∙ Over 2 years of IT experience as DevOps or related
∙ Master computer science degree or equivalent experience
∙ Strong interpersonal skills: communication, negotiation, listening
∙ Experience in scripting language (Windows PowerShell,Python, Ruby, etc.)
∙ Strong knowledge and experience of configuration management, build monitoring and backup systems/solutions
∙ Experience and Strong knowledge with source control systems (GIT)
∙ Experience with source control systems (SVN)
Nice to have∙ Windows platform experience
∙ Knowledge and experience using .Net is a plus, as well as understanding of object oriented approach and familiarity with the software development design patterns
∙ Strong understanding of Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration concepts
∙ Working experience with CI server (TeamCity) plus MSBuild, Nuget, etc.
∙ RDBMS (Relational Database Management System) knowledge and experience
∙ As plus skills in SQL and PL/SQL (optimization of databases, query plan, etc.)
∙ Experience in data centers administration (including cloud solutions), good understanding of networking concepts and principles
∙ Strong theoretical knowledge and practical appliance of IT Service Management practices (for example, ITIL), software development life cycle (understanding of Waterfall, RUP, Agile methodologies)
∙ Experience with JIRA is a plus
∙ Previous experience in working with the technical teams and management to prioritize and scope scheduled releases is a plus
∙ Financial risks management domain knowledge would be an advantage
- English: Upper-intermediate