Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
- optimize route calculation on in-car computer considering memory & computational limitations
- prepare maps for fast 2D and 3D rendering
- compress digital maps to minimize their size
- provide dynamic loading of map portions (regions) as required to minimize memory footprint.
This system is a Java OSGi application which heavily relies on open source libraries (GIS-specific like OpenGIS, GeoTools and general ones i.e. Hibernate, Java3D, Java ImageIO, Apache Commons etc.)
Besides the map compiler itself, we are developing a desktop Eclipse RCP/SWT application to view the resulting maps, their verification, route calculation, monitor the compilation process etc. This application is based on an open-source GIS uDig.
2. Maintenance of software for the navigational/map conversion framework with specialization in digital map / GIS processing.
3. Be involved in unit testing, functional testing and code review. Define, execute and document software module tests and integration tests.
4. Analyze map conversion logs and identify non-compliance's
5. Act according to the requirements of the automotive industry regarding in-car applications and software development processes.
Must1. Knowledge of JavaSE 2+
2. OOP, OOD 2+;
3. SQL databases and Hibernate 2+
4. Infrastructure experience: Maven, Ant, Jenkins
5. Software development processes understanding (CMMI, RUP, Agile, etc.) 2+
5. Good written and verbal English communication skills
Nice to have1. Design patterns
2. Experience with GIS technologies
3. Experience working in Agile projects
- English: Intermediate