Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
Senior BigData Development Engineer, Gurgaon
Our work spans across a variety of data-sets like lodging booking, clickstream, and web scrape data, across a diverse technology stack ranging from Hadoop to Spark, Qubole and AWS. We are looking for passionate, creative and innately curious data engineers to join a new team in Gurgaon, to build out a next generation machine learning platform to drive revenue opportunities for our lodging business.
As a Software Dev Engineer II you are involved in all aspects of software development, including participating in technical designs, implementation, functional analysis, and release for mid-to-large sized projects
• Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with seniors and peers in crafting and implementing the technical vision of the team
• Communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed cross functional teams
• Participate in code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility
• Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with peers and help unblock junior members of the team. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure
• Define, develop and maintain artifacts like technical design or partner documentation
Drive for continuous improvement in software and development process within an agile development team
• Participate in user story creation in collaboration with the team
• Support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
Must• Spark / Java, Machine Learning- is MUST
• Degree in software engineering, computer science, informatics or a similar field.
• 5-8+ years of relevant work experience in Big Data or distributed computing projects.
• 4+ years’ experience in designing and implementing Big Data/ML applications (data ingestion, real-time data processing and batch analytics) in Spark Batch/Streaming, Kafka, Hadoop.
• Solid server-side programming skills (Scala, Nodejs, or Java), and hands-on experience in OOAD, design patterns, and SQL.
• Experience with microservice architecture, and design.
• Experience on Hadoop-ecosystem technologies in particular MapReduce, Spark, Hive, YARN.
• Experience working on any one distributed database system like Hadoop (Hive/HDFS), Qubole, Teradata, Redshift, or DB2.
• Preferred - Experience on machine learning toolkits like spark mllib,H20, scikit-learn, R and ML techniques.
• Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
Nice to have• Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS).
• Familiarity with the e-commerce or travel industry.
- English: Upper-intermediate