Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Glendale, US, California
The SRE will work with DBAs and platform engineers to design and build a large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant database-as-a-service platform. In this role you have the opportunity to leverage your technical skills in systems management, cloud-native design, and software engineering to provide best-practices guidance and tier-3 support to the Digital Operations and Research and Development teams.
● Leverage Kubernetes operators and Spinnaker pipelines to automate the deployment and administration of databases across multiple cloud environments.
● Design and build RESTful microservices enabling the application of role-based access control, network policies, and service registration.
● Define workflows and processes to meet Infrastructure-as-Code objectives.
● Integrate chaos engineering practices and assist in the development of a full-stack, continuous testing environment.
● Drive the rollout of IPv6 across all data services.
● Actively facilitate continuous improvement.
● Monitor various systems capacity and health indicators and trends.
● Provide 24x7 tier-3 troubleshooting and break-fix support for production services.
Must● 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
● Strong software engineering skills, preferably working in multiple programming languages (Go, Python).
● Proficiency in cloud-native technologies and architectures (Docker, Kubernetes).
● Strong Kubernetes DevOps – Cluster Infrastructure, Administration, Scaling, Monitoring, CI/CD of workloads
● Strong understanding of distributed systems and stateful applications.
● Proficiency in revision control and DevOps best practices (Git).
● Expert Linux experience.
Nice to have● Experience with public or private cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack).
● Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment tools and platforms (Spinnaker, Drone, Jenkins, Terraform).
● Sound knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Couchbase, ElasticSearch).
● Familiarity with Kubernetes Persistent Volumes and Container Storage Interface (Trident, Portworx).
● Contributions to open source projects.
● Speaking engagements or regular attendance at technology meetups.
● Articulate and personable with strong spoken and written language skills.
● Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical coworkers.
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
● Broad and deep knowledge with an ability to learn quickly.
● Responsible, self-motivated, and highly dependable.
● Strong team player with a customer service orientation.
● Ethical, honest, fair and of high integrity.
- English: Advanced/Fluent