Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
Senior QA Automation Engineer, Guadalajara, MX
• Fully own your role as a SDET. We highly value strong QA role ownership, and are looking for someone to not only advocate for QA within the product team, but also evangelize the best practices that have made QA successful.
• Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system.
• We release to production every week, so regression is never far away, your ability to quickly automate your sprint work in a logical manner will be key.
• Build advanced automated test suites to exercise our world-class applications.
• Conduct research on emerging technologies and help implement.
• Help define, promote, and ensure adherence to quality assurance processes such as test plan reviews, defect management, risk/complexity analysis, and regression test maintenance.
• Interface with 3rd parties on requirements, testing, and problem troubleshooting, as needed.
• Perform tasks within area of specialization with little to no supervision.
• Be responsible for following through and making sure defects are reported and escalated appropriately.
Must• BS degree or equivalent.
• 3+ years of relevant work experience, including software development and/or test automation experience.
• Knowledge of Java.
• API Testing/Automation experience.
• Solid understanding of common SWQA and SW development processes and methodologies - especially with working in an Agile environment with continuous integration/continuous delivery best practices.
• Strong analytical skills in assessing user, functional, and technical requirements and documentation and identifying high risk and key test areas.
• Strong problem solving and investigative skills, with the drive to get to the root of the problem.
• Understanding of multi-tier web application architecture and deployment.
• Experience testing database driven applications including data validation using SQL.
• Some level of UNIX and/or Linux command line experience.
• Demonstrated history of working with minimal direction, balancing and prioritizing activities to ensure critical items are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Genuine enjoyment of SWQA/SDET work.
Nice to have• Knowledge of Apache Tomcat.
• Knowledge Oracle databases.
• Knowledge of the Travel industry.
• Unit and Integration testing experience.
• Nice to have: Previous AngularJS testing experience (i.e. Protractor).
• Nice to have: Previous mobile testing experience (Web app and native iOS/Android apps. Phones/Tablets).
- English: Intermediate