Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
The software inside a vehicle was traditionally expected to be a very controlled and self-contained environment. Bringing cars into an "always online" mode changes a lot in the overall picture of the vehicle manufacturer. LUXOFT's goal is to empower our customers with deep domain knowledge and smart solutions, to develop cars of the future. Great mechanical engineering is not the only criteria anymore for delivering the best cars in the world. Using state of the art software technologies are key to provide the requested user experience.
In this role you are part of one of three small teams of software engineers, who develop or further develop, test, integrate, document and maintain apps / APIs / features / services for vehicles' onboard mobile application platforms (TypeScript / Node.JS).
• You are a member of a small agile software engineering team. Within this role you are accountable for your part of the development tool chain; so you will interface and drive the technical discussion and decisions with your colleagues and other internal stakeholders.
• Within the team you will develop, design, document, implement and integrate apps / APIs / features / services for the customer vehicles' onboard units, interacting with Smartphones, big data backend clouds of the customer and some external parties' systems.
• Your team is also involved in prototyping and testing processes for existing and next generation onboard app features and functions.
• Experience in JavaSript/TypeScript and Node.JS
• Experience with the Unix command shell.
• Given familiarity with test procedures and automated testing (Selenium, Jira, HP ALM, Gerrit, GIT, etc.)
• Strong communication skills are an advantage
• Experience in embedded development is a big plus
• Experience in development for Amazon Alexa / Microsoft Cortana is a big plus
• Upper intermediate level of English, willing to learn German recommended
• Bachelor or Master of Science in Information Technology, Mechanical / Electrical / Computer Engineering, Communications / Media Management or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in IT Operations / System Engineering of highly-available mobile applications
• 2+ years of relevant work experience in agile Scrum / Kanban projects, preferably as lead of software projects in the automotive environment, with practices of Automotive SPICE / ISO 15504, such as Applications for Automotive, Remote Services, Cloud Technologies, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Nice to have.
- English: Advanced/Fluent