Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
The Unix team as a part of System Administration and DBA Department will work closely with other technology platforms including Windows, Database, Virtual Servers, Storage and Networks. Close collaboration with all technology teams will be essential for the delivery of the required services.
Working as an L3 Unix System Administrator on day to day maintenance and support of Core Infrastructure technologies and Client Unix systems to ensure stability and supportability of the Unix estate, minimizing downtime and maintaining risk management for Client and lines of Business.
Requirements also include the development and implementation of lifecycle strategy.
The candidate will also need to lead and participate in Infrastructure projects and key activity such as Business Continuity Management, Site Power-downs, and Infrastructure change weekends as well as Innovative Technology Upgrade initiatives and Audit & Security remediation.
You will enjoy working in strong team of professionals and will be able to share your ideas with the team as well as learn new things and technologies from them.
• Day to day maintenance and support of Core Infrastructure technologies including NIS/DNS/Jumpstart/Licensing as well as the development and implementation of lifecycle strategy
• Communicate and collaborate with other internal partners for designing, planning and coordinating for implementation and ensure work is completed in a timely manner
• Liaise with Engineering and Global Service Delivery Management on solutions and requirements
• Lead/participate and support Infrastructure projects and change activity and deliver innovative solutions
• Ad hoc /on-call support during weekdays and weekend work is required
Must• At least 5 years' experience in supporting UNIX based distributed computing environment with large enterprise of servers
• Prior industry experience is not mandatory, though will be considered favourably
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Solid understanding of UNIX-based operating systems both Redhat Linux and Solaris 10 are required. Also knowledge of virtualisation technologies, such as VMware Solaris Zones is required
• Clustering technology experience is essential including Sun Cluster/VCS/Redhat Cluster
• Familiar with management of Infrastructure technologies including NIS, Puppet, RHN, DNS
• File system and storage management skills is essential including ZFS, LVM, Volume Manager, Secure NFS
• Ability to write scripts (for example: BASH, Tk, Perl, ksh, sh, csh, SQL)
• Familiarity with fundamental networking / distributed computing and storage environment concepts and technologies LAN, WAN, routing protocols, NFS, LDAP, SAN, NAS, Fibre Channel, etc.
Nice to have-
- English: Upper-intermediate