Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
Consultant - UNIX Data Engineer (TX)
About the Project
Formulate hypothetical insights using usage based data directly on the hardware. This immediate need is for the design and build of a complex data sets, from spurious sources while thinking strategically about uses of data and how data use interacts with data design. The early detection of specific business requirements is critical to the success of the project. This team will perform data discovery around incumbent data sources directly from the UNIX and Linux equipment. The work will require schell scripting for handling data appropriately, along with the implementation data checking, and statistical analyses with existing data sets.
UNIX and Linux Shell Scripting
• Build comprehensive summary presentations to executive and technical teams
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
• Strong experience in data exploration and visualization with large data sets
Must• Highly proficient in UNIX and Linux shell scripting with experience in clean data seta for ingestion and tool development
• Experience and solid understanding of Scala, Spark, SQL & SQL-like languages
Nice to have• MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Bachelors with equivalent experience is required
• Experience in Java, C, C++ a plus
• Strong Hadoop skills (hive, spark, scala)
• Team player with the ability to simplify complex ideas and summarize findings for non-technical audience.
• Strong interpersonal skills including collaborating, and work as part of a diverse team
• Enjoys finding ways to creatively solve problems and is naturally curiosity for data
- English: Upper-intermediate