Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
• Approximately 120 IT personnel including 15 Scrum teams. Luxoft provides 6 teams and 10 on-site employees including a Portfolio Manager.
• 9 modular application components.
• Production releases every 2 weeks.
• Approximately 200 code changes per day.
• 5,000 functional and regression tests run every day.
• 2.2 million lines of code.
• Over 700 users of the application across 18 countries.
We succeed in deliver a scalable, flexible operations processing platform capable of supporting business growth at zero marginal cost, maximizing STP through the reduction of manual processes, and creating best-in-class operational infrastructure that could be leveraged across asset classes.
We have set-up efficient Scrum Enterprise process with such elements as TDD, automated tests, self-managed teams, spec by example, BDD, etc.
Mature Technical and Process Practices
In our daily work we follow the best Agile/Scrum values and practices. Our main goal is to produce high-quality technical solutions which meet expectations of our end users. We achieve it by working directly with business representatives, continuous focus on maximizing business value, monthly releases and 2-week Sprints, resulting into a completed potentially shippable product increment.
Delivery is done by self-organized cross-functional teams; each of them consists of a Business Analyst, four developers and one QA who sit together in the same room and interact on a daily basis. Each team responsible for end-to-end, starting from high-level requirements clarification and finishing by release build preparation.
Ability to Grow Technically and Professionally
We aim to hire the best people and give them maximum autonomy for realizing their potential and growing technically/professionally. Competence, collaboration and continuous improvement are highly supported on program level, to create a culture where each individual can grow in their desired direction. Also there is agreement with our customers about spending 10% of everybody's time for non-delivery activities (as a contribution to the greater good of the platform and department). Our working model provides opportunity for everybody to take part in making technical/architectural decisions.
Business Trips to London
Regular business trips to London allow people to improve their English level, also create opportunities for knowledge sharing with high-skilled technical and business experts on customer side.
No Manual Testing
We don't hire manual testers in teams and we don't have manual testing as separate development stage. In daily work we automate as much as possible. We are disciplined when write code, follow pair-programming and TDD practices, use several levels of testing (unit, integration and functional). This allows us to keep quality at a higher level, have frequent releases, get continuous feedback after each commit, reduce amount of bugs and don't have post-release support phase.
• Ensuring the Polish Scrum Teams are following Scrum and Agile as closely as possible and assisting the teams when they hit impediments
• Focus on Stakeholders satisfaction and delivery, managing customer's expectations
• Ensuring work pipeline for all teams (in Krakow and Wroclaw)
Tracking delivery status for ongoing features
• Tracking teams performance and issues
• Raising delivery risks to Stakeholders and negotiate options. Assisting Scrum teams via escalation of domain experts with any delivery issues to allow teams to focus on development changes.
• Weekly portfolio review and weekly delivery status reports for Stakeholders
• Discussing with Stakeholders possible solutions for problem areas (like Testing strategy, Tech Debt management, Pre inception phase, Release process and Process standardization), regular communication with Stakeholders on future process changes
• Setting up and running Scrum of scrums within the Poland Scrum teams to share knowledge and suggestions for continuous improvement within the process and product.
• Championing & promoting Scrum and Agile within the teams.
• Strategic initiatives development and implementation
• Contracts review and renewal
Must• 8+ year's practical experience in IT
• Managing experience
• At least 3+ year's professional experience of using Agile/Scrum in a role of Project Manager
• Deep theoretical and practical knowledge of Agile is required as we are looking for Agile Champion. Either through Scrum mastering or Agile coaching in a previous role.
• Experience in management several Scrum teams, Scaling Agile / Agile enterprise.
• Experience in People Management and Project Management
• Solid SDLC understanding and implementation experience (Agile/Scrum is must)
• Excellent soft English communication skills (Fluent level)
• Ideally to have an experience of Investment Banking experience in Agile
• Previous experience in role of Developer or BA or QA is a plus
• Experience in manage outsourcing projects
• Experience in budget planning and execution
• Experience in contracting
• Experience in international environment
Nice to haveNice do have:
• TDD and BDD awareness
• Kanban and Lean knowledge
- English: Advanced/Fluent