Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
You will engage in open source projects, give talks on developer events, meet customers and help to scope and estimate software development work in new customer projects.
You will work in a large company, but in a small division which gives its staff a lot of flexibility as an investment in extraordinary ideas and best results.
You are a result driven and dedicated team player that collaborates well across teams and has good communication skills. Being on a cross-functional position, you should have a positive attitude, can work independently, have good leadership skills, be unpretentious and find it easy to create good relationships with your co-workers and our customers.
You prefer to work in a structured way and follow agile development principles. You enjoy working in open source projects.
To be successful in this position, you should be a talented and experienced Qt and preferably Qt Quick software engineer who has a proven ability to come up with unique and clever solutions in software as well system architecture. You should have a proven experience in working on graphics and rendering with Qt not only using its API, but also looking inside its implementation. In previous projects you contributed to improvements of the rendering performance on embedded systems by optimizing the Qt code or even contributed changes to Qt for better performance. You used Wayland in various projects in the past. Other developers are your actual customers, and you strive to make their work with designers as simple and smooth as possible.
Must* Broad hands-on experience with Qt, its interfaces to Qt Quick in the domains of graphics and UI
* Customer and results orientation
* Excellent communication skills
* Good understanding of agile development principles
* Fluent in spoken and written English
* An experience with design and development of UI for Android and iOS platforms is a plus
* Prior experience from open source development is a plus
* Flexibility to travel up to 25% of your time
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or similar
Nice to have* Passionate about what you do, and strive for excellence at all times
* Self-motivating combined with proven ability to work well in teams
* Able to learn quickly and willing to share knowledge
* It is an advantage if you already experienced working in the automotive or embedded industry
- English: Advanced/Fluent