Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
Purpose of Role
Treasury are undergoing a large multi year Transformation programme to simplify systems and processes, improve controls, and reduce costs.
The Finance Programme under this Program has an accounting subledger onboarding project to complete onboarding to the strategic front to back technology systems stack and into Finance accounting and reporting systems.
This role forms part of the Finance delivery Team and would work within the Ledger onboarding project
The role will work closely with IT teams across Finance Solutions, as well as Finance line stakeholders.
• Assist with implementation of product accounting to the strategic front to back data flow from Treasury Front Office platform (Murex) into Settlement systems, and then into the Finance sub ledger accounting system. Particular emphasis on Bonds, FX, IRS and Repos solutions. Includes:
- User requirements clarification and documentation. Especially around accounting posting requirements and associated controls.
- Accounting data, events and accounting rules definition, especially for IRS, FX and Fixed Income products including Bonds and Repos.
- Working with upstream IT architecture, project and development teams re data feeds into Finance.
- Working with Finance Solution IT development and testing teams re accounting postings functionality and data feeds into Finance.
• Extensive unit, system integration and UAT testing of product accounting outputs from Finance systems.
• Implementation of front to back data and process controls to ensure ledger results are accurate and substantiated.
• Implementation of Finance reporting and process changes arising from accounting feed and posting changes, especially re IRS, FX, Bonds and Repos.
This role will aligned to a feature team, made up with representation from technology and SME’s from the business, responsible for supporting the finance deliverable for Treasury Finance.
This role requires :
The role will require good communication, documentation, and organisation skills as there will be a lot of interaction with Finance line teams, Middle Office and Operations teams, and technology teams in London and overseas (primarily India). Understanding of Finance Control framework like accounting, Settlement, IPV, Product Control (PnL).
Must5-6+ Years of relevant experience as BA with expertise in Capital Markets product accounting.
Investment Banking, Finance and Change experience
• Strong Investment Banking Finance background with experience in a Finance Change Function
* Sound understanding and experience for various asset classes' - IPV, Accounting, valuation, P&L
• Strong investment banking product accounting knowledge, especially in the area of FX and Fixed Income (bonds and repos). Knowledge of accounting for Loans and deposits, Futures and IRD’s also useful.
• Knowledge of Treasury products and processes useful.
• Good understanding of accounting systems, accounting events, accounting rules, and experience in product accounting testing.
• Relevant experience in implementing process as well as system change for Finance. Strong analysis skills, IT change management, communication/ interpersonal, documentation, stakeholder management and teamwork skills required.
• Strong understanding of Finance processes (Product Control, Group and Regulatory reporting)
• Understand controlling and reporting processes performed by other functions, especially Middle Office and Operations functions such as Trader Control, Transaction Control, Reconciliations teams and Cash Management.
• Ideally would have experience of RBS Finance and source systems.
• Ideally would have experience of Murex and Murex implementations.
• Knowledge and awareness of industry norms, terminology, legislation, best practices and developments.
• Understanding of projects, ability to work in teams, but also to take ownership of tasks and deliverable, and take individual accountability.
Skills and Qualifications
• Proficient MS Office skills, including strong Excel (mandatory). Good BA toolset knowledge, including Visio, Word and PowerPoint.
• Qualified to first degree level (Essential) and qualified Chartered accountant (strongly preferred), or MBA / CFA with strong accounting / finance background
Nice to haveWorking Knowledge of FO tools like Murex, Summit, Calypso
- English: Upper-intermediate