Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
You will work alongside a strong, global team of diverse individuals to:
- Work collaboratively with other technologists and other stakeholders within the business
- Participate in development efforts for projects, design where necessary, take part in POCs
- Write high quality code in accordance to best practice
- Produce elegant solutions to client's challenging problems
- Mentor architects and developers from other departments
- Actively participate in pre-sales opportunities
- Contribute to practice thought leadership
A data architect is a practitioner of data architecture, an information technology discipline concerned with designing, creating, deploying and managing an organisation's data architecture.
Data architects define how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing that data in some way.
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Data Architect who will be responsible for implementing data architectures using cloud infrastructure at maximum benefit for the particular client context (taking into account: timing constraints, budget, long-term operation and maintenance cost, etc).
As the practice member:
- Educate other team members and company's SMEs on data data lake and BI applications and capabilities.
- Develop policies, white papers, and represent team externally and industry forums.
- Maintain a technology agnostic viewpoint regarding technology and tools … forge tolerance/consensus across “camps”.
- Participate with vision, strategic plans, and leadership to achieve peer/stakeholder buy-in and successful alignment with business vision.
- Participates in the discovery and documentation of the customer's business scenarios that are driving the solution.
- Review technology trends and assure technology strategy aligns with the business strategy.
- Work collaboratively with top management and business users to identify and propose projects which utilise data architectures and BI technologies to provide support for tactical, operational and strategic corporate goals.
- Develop and monitor software standards and methodologies based on best practices.
- Serve as expert in client/server/web/cloud development and architectural principles and best practices.
- Engage with Cloud vendors on Solution and innovation roadmaps, formulating solutions which align with industry-aligned recurring problems
At client engagements:
- Articulate architecture and standards for data solutions utilizing industry best practices and own a solution end-to-end.
- Conduct proof of concept pilots to demonstrate the implementation and impact of new technology and ideas.
- Participate in the design and implementation of frameworks and major sub-system components.
- Provide guidance and direction to development resources and leadership on implementing technology solutions.
Must10+ years of progressive experience in technical environments.
Professional Certification with at least one cloud vendor
2y+ Experience in at least one Cloud specific data storing and processing technologies (some examples below):
S3, EFS, EBS, Storage Gateway
Database Migration Service
AWS EMR, Elasticsearch, Athena
Glue, Data Pipeline
Storage (blob, file, queue, table)
Azure SQL Managed Instance, SQL Datawarehouse
Azure Data Explorer, HDInsight, Data Lake Analytics, Power BI
Data Factory, Data Catalog
Big Query, PubSub
Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent.
Diverse knowledge of and experience with various hardware/software platforms, cloud, web, mobile, and data driven systems … both a specialist and a generalist.
Demonstrated ability to design and develop solutions for Cloud, Data Architectures and BI as well as real-time data architectures (data streaming)
Demonstrated ability to work in a very fast paced environment, to manage multiple tasks, work in agile manner‚ and work independently or as a team.
Demonstrated ability to work with all aspects of the on-premise & cloud-based Data Management (SQL, NoSQL, Object, etc.) systems.
Excellent analytical skills, the ability to integrate information from multiple sources to execute effectively and efficiently in a dynamic environment.
Full life-cycle expertise in architecture, development, quality/compliance, and performance/optimisation methodologies.
Knowledge of industry trends, business environments, technology trends, reference architectures, and product strategies.
Strong knowledge of application and data architecture patterns and techniques.
Strong project coordination and research skills.
CI/CD Pipeline for major cloud providers, including on-prem integration
Some understanding of infrastructure management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform)
Containerisation and Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
Specific knowledge of various application platforms and technologies (.NET, Java, Web, Cloud).
Nice to haveKnowledge of data warehousing methodologies (e.g. Kimball, Inmon) and other development techniques.
Some Knowledge in IT Service delivery best practices (IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF), Project Management (Project+, Project Management Professional (PMP), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE).
Knowledge of various testing techniques and their applicability (e.g. test/data driven, data lineage, unit/component, black-box white-box, integration/system, user acceptance, performance, and regression).
Understanding of Enterprise Architecture methodologies and frameworks; The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), Zachman, ITIL, COBIT, etc.
Linux/Windows administration skills
Knowledge of popular mainstream frameworks (e.g. Spring)
Knowledge of API development and management
- English: Native