Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
Main goal of the position is to ensure timely delivery of the requested by the Customer product/service/functionality within the agreed timeframe and with agreed acceptable quality by applying knowledge, skills, and techniques of planning, executing, monitoring and controlling project works, monitoring and mitigating risks and issues, timely reporting to different level of managers.
Daily activities: Day-to-day monitoring of projects within timescale and resource constraints to achieve challenging milestones (including Change, Scope, Quality, Resource, Communication, Risk management as well as Resource Contingency planning).
The Product Leader is accountable for maximizing value generated by products / platforms and enabling the Team to achieve best quality, user alignment, value creation and team engagement.
As a constructive sparring partner of the Product Owner, (s)he provides his/her insights throughout the product life-cycle.
Depending on the product type (size, complexity, delivery model...), (s)he acts as a scrum master, ensuring that every member adheres to Agile values and ways of working and understands the chosen framework practices.
• Constructively challenges the Product Vision of the PO, ensuring that product roadmap elaboration involves DIR-A, Domain Directors and DIR-X
• Defines the product release strategy in close cooperation with the PO
• Understands and practices Agility
• Provides leadership in the adoption of Agile practices, culture and values by teams across a portfolio of projects
• Secures and promotes the Scrum framework, or other agile framework tools and practices
• Facilitates Scrum events as requested or needed
• Assists the Team during the framing phase of the product development in order to maximize the value creation
• Acts as the point of contact between the Team and the organization to make sure the required skills are staffed allowing efficient product development
• Enable the team to improve efficiency and quality of deliverables by following Agile development best practices
• Motivates the team and embodies positive and constructive mindset on top of Agile values and culture
Activities with the Product Owner
• Helps the PO keep focused on value creation and customer alignment
• Ensures that the PO knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value
• Ensures that operation and security User Stories are implemented for sustainable run
• Helps the PO in arbitration on product technical backlog
• Coordinates if necessary selection of solution (software package, development) which is in line with the Group's IT architecture rules with the Product Owner and the Solution Architect.
Activities with the Team
• Enables the team to improve its efficiency and quality and to adopt state of the art development best practices
• Facilitates project level obstacle removal and team consensus on solutions
• Coaches the Team in self-organization and cross-functionality
• Protects the Team from external interruptions and removing obstacles
• Helps the Team to create high-value products
• Helps to understand the need for clear and concise User Stories
• Builds Agile dashboards and coordinates Agile artifacts delivery, including technology and business value deliverables
• Communicates on development progress
• Installs a culture of continuous improvement during development
• Coaches the Development Team in organizational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood
Activities with the Organization
• Leads and coaches the organization in its Agile & Scrum adoption
• Helps employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development
• Causes change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team
• Works with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization
• Manages all IT coordination with DIR and outside teams for the success of the product
• As part of a project led by a DIR-X, manages the relationship with one or more suppliers (according to the contractual rules in force and the context)
• Plan resources to be used (human, technical, financial, etc.)
• Consolidates all costs of project / product
• Is an active ambassador of Agile & Scrum within the organization
• Accountable for a successful handover aligned with RD guidelines
Skills & Competencies
• Knowledge and understanding of the Agile Manifesto and Agile methodologies, from a theoretical and a practical standpoint
• Conceptual understanding of DWH environments - hands on responsible for 1 project which involved data management/data warehousing
• Enjoys working with people (facilitating and collaborating)
• Ability to enable the team to continuously increase product value
• Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Attitude of empowerment and team building
• Proven success working in a rapidly changing, collaborative and iterative product development environment
• Awareness on technical practices: eXtreme Programming, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, DevOps
• Familiar with architecture, database design and systems, component technologies, XML standards, and current technology trends
• Knowledge of Jira and Confluence needed
Must• Successful candidate should have at least 3+ years' experience in management number of projects or a program, consisting of at least 20 people and multiple distributed activities and sub-projects.
• Good understanding of Agile and Scrum
• Experience for bearing sole responsibility for the customer interaction and project organization/delivery/acceptance is required.
• Should have experience in working on different contracting models—T&M, FP, risk/reward scheme.
• Candidate should have understanding of enterprise applications architecture and should possess practical knowledge about application development processes.
• Management experience with Scrum teams (2-3 Scrum teams in different locations)
• Fluent English is absolutely required.
Nice to have• French are highly appreciated
• Experience in financial sector
- English: Advanced/Fluent