Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
• Approximately 120 IT personnel including 15 Scrum teams. Luxoft provides 7 teams and 2 on-site employees including a Portfolio Manager.
• 9 modular application components.
• Production releases every 2 weeks.
• Approximately 200 code changes per day.
• 5,000 functional and regression tests run every day.
• 2.2 million lines of code.
• Over 700 users of the application across 18 countries.
We succeed in deliver a scalable, flexible operations processing platform capable of supporting business growth at zero marginal cost, maximizing STP through the reduction of manual processes, and creating best-in-class operational infrastructure that could be leveraged across asset classes.
We have set-up efficient Scrum Enterprise process with such elements as TDD, automated tests, self-managed teams, spec by example, BDD, etc.
Mature Technical and Process Practices
In our daily work we follow the best Agile/Scrum values and practices. Our main goal is to produce high-quality technical solutions which meet expectations of our end users. We achieve it by working directly with business representatives, continuous focus on maximizing business value, monthly releases and 2-week Sprints, resulting into a completed potentially shippable product increment.
Delivery is done by self-organized cross-functional teams; each of them consists of a Business Analyst, four developers and one QA who sit together in the same room and interact on a daily basis. Each team responsible for end-to-end, starting from high-level requirements clarification and finishing by release build preparation.
Ability to Grow Technically and Professionally
We aim to hire the best people and give them maximum autonomy for realizing their potential and growing technically/professionally. Competence, collaboration and continuous improvement are highly supported on program level, to create a culture where each individual can grow in their desired direction. Also there is agreement with our customers about spending 10% of everybody's time for non-delivery activities (as a contribution to the greater good of the platform and department). Our working model provides opportunity for everybody to take part in making technical/architectural decisions.
Business Trips to London
Regular business trips to London allow people to improve their English level, also create opportunities for knowledge sharing with high-skilled technical and business experts on customer side.
No Manual Testing
We don't hire manual testers in teams and we don't have manual testing as separate development stage. In daily work we automate as much as possible. We are disciplined when write code, follow pair-programming and TDD practices, use several levels of testing (unit, integration and functional). This allows us to keep quality at a higher level, have frequent releases, get continuous feedback after each commit, reduce amount of bugs and don't have post-release support phase.
• Unit and Integration Testing within TDD approach
• Estimations within Scrum approach
• Investigations, Research
• Active participation in distributed agile process
• 4+ years in Java development
• Ability/desire to take technical leadership
• Strong understanding of Clean Code concepts
• Experience with TDD and BDD
• Unit-testing experience
• Java EE, Spring, Hibernate, Oracle SQL
• Upper-Intermediate English (enough to cooperate with colleagues from UK)
Nice to haveWill be a plus, but not mandatory:
• Solid experience in development/maintenance of distributed systems
• Understanding of financial services
• Basic knowledge of Unix/Shell
- English: Upper-intermediate
More job opportunities in Java
|Specialization||Position / Title||Location||Send to a friend|
|Java||Hot Java Developer||Krakow, PL|
|Java||Senior Streaming Developer (Java + Kafka)||Krakow, PL|
|Java||Hot Java developer Krakow||Krakow, PL|
|Java||Regular-Senior Java Developer||Krakow, PL|
|Java||Senior/ Principal Java Developer||Krakow, PL|
|Java||Java Developer||Krakow, PL|
|Java||Java Software Engineer||Krakow, PL|
|Java||Java Team Lead||Krakow, PL|
|Java||Senior Java Developer||Krakow, PL|
|Java||Java Team Lead||Krakow, PL|