Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
Sr. Software Engineer - M2M Communication Protocol Developer for Automation Solutions
Systems capabilities include data acquisition from other hardware/software systems, machine control, cloud connectivity, process control and user interaction. You will be a member of a cross functional team and expected to organize, set the direction.
Our project is stable, long-term and constantly adopts new technologies. Key project stakeholders are open for innovative ideas.
Project is based on SCRUM methodology.
• Identifying and communicating the technical software requirements.
• Designing automated process solutions in accordance with standard design principles and conventions.
• Configuring new automated processes and objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand.
• Creating and maintaining solution documentation.
• Supporting existing processes and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process.
• Problem solving issues that arise in day to day running of automated processes and providing timely responses and solutions as required.
• Working within project planning constraints, communicating any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager accordingly and providing inputs to the change control process.
• Creating and documenting test procedures and scenarios for the pre-UAT phases
• Supporting the Operational Teams during the UAT and rollout phases
Must• Strong software development skills, including project planning, deriving requirements from system objectives, organizing and prioritizing work, and delivering results, and providing support.
• 4+ years' experience developing machine to machine (M2M) and electromechanical automation system software in C#, C++, C, or Java
• 4+ years' experience developing multi-threaded/process applications/services and the common constructs and patterns associated with them.
• Excellent system (software and hardware) troubleshooting and debugging skills
• 2+ years' experience developing with MS technologies such as Visual Studio .NET, WPF, WinForms, console applications, etc.
• Experience with and an understanding of the value of modern development concepts and practices including OO principles, unit testing, agile development, TDD and continuous delivery
• Experience developing networked systems that communicate with data generating devices and data aggregation services
• Experience developing with network protocols such as TCP and UDP over IP
• Attention to detail and data driven decision making
• Experience developing IoT and data driven systems
• Experience in developing applications on multiple operating systems such as Windows, Unix, Linux, iOS, Mac OS, Android.
• Experience using fieldbus protocols such as EtherCAT, SynqNet, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Modbus, Profibus, CANopen.
• Experience using serial communication standards such as RS422, RS485, and RS232
• Experience developing data-driven systems using relational and/or NoSQL database technologies such as Oracle, SQLite, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Cassandra
Nice to have• Experience with PLC programming using Structured Text.
• Experience with and understanding of the value of modern development tools such as Git, CVS, Subversion, Jenkins, NuGet, and JIRA
- English: Upper-intermediate