Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
As part of this team you will be engaged in providing the IT4IT solutions and services for Developers. Releasing updates of the off-the-shelf IDE products, making sure those tools reliably working, adjusting them to existing environments, following an internal release process.
During these phases you will work closely together with your colleagues in the team, Delivery Management, worldwide distributed production and 2nd level support, as well as (mostly Swiss based) product owners.
As a methodology we apply Rational Unified Process (RUP) by IBM and Agile/ Scrum.
You'll be working in the IT4IT team. Our role is to provide all the tools needed within Company for the development and lifecycle management of SDLC tools. We support and enable the developer teams by providing global IT4IT solutions and services.
You will be responsible for:
- Following roadmap of updates/upgrades of the products in a timely manner
- Releasing updates/upgrades according to the customer defined process
- Documenting changes and provide documentation required within a process
- Overseeing the process and escalating issues in a timely and constructive manner
- Testing Developer tools before making releases (including UAT)
- Adjusting configuration, prepareing and submitting deployment packages of Developer tools.
- Communication of the process according to the requirements of procedures
- Additional tasks related to a process of releaseing updates/upgrades or their support.
MustYou have as a must:
- Experience with Windows based IDEs (Integrated development Environment) like Eclipse, TOAD, UltraEdit, etc
- General understanding of Java build process (no framework or language knowledge is required, but an understanding of how IDEs use java tools to create software). Similar to SQL based tools.
- >4 years of total IT experience, preferable as integrator/DevOps
- Scripting Skills with Windows (command line scripting batch and PowerShell). Creating scripts from scratch as well as correcting existing scripts.
- Understanding of Windows Registry
- General understanding of Windows packaging (such as MSI) process and required prerequisites to successfully execute it.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- aware of security-related risk in large infrastructure environments
- an good communicator
- customer orientated and focused on service quality
- always professional (but you have the human touch)
- a multitasker, well organized and able to thrive when no two days are the same
- speaking fluent English
Nice to haveYou have as an advantage:
- Certification as IT Administrator
- Deep knowledge of MSI (Microsoft Software Installer) packaging
- Multiyear experience for the required skills is a plus
- English: Advanced/Fluent