Luxoft is a global IT service provider of innovative technology solutions that delivers measurable business outcomes to multinational companies. Its offerings encompass strategic consulting, custom software development services, and digital solution engineering. Luxoft enables companies to compete by leveraging its multi-industry expertise in the financial services, automotive, communications, and healthcare & life sciences sectors. For more information, please visit the website.
Senior DevOps Engineer with Clouds experience
One of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry has a need to develop and support cloud-based enterprise information system in Oil & Gas domain.
Our project is stable, long-term and constantly adopts new technologies.
DevOps practice is tasked with the development, provisioning, operations, and performance of a global, multi-region, multi-cloud software as a service, and developer integration platform.
Work supposes close cooperation with Customer team located in Houston and following Agile principles.
Our team is senior, supportive and friendly.
Participation in design
Participation in peer review
Candidates are expected to be cross-functional software developers and systems operations specialists. Daily activities range from sprint planning and story sizing to modifying and pushing to production global cloud microservices to triaging performance and capacity for global services.
A passion for machine and service provisioning automation is typical for team members as well as use of open source projects and technologies.
There are currently two primary job focus areas within the DevOps organization: Product Engineering, and Product Operations Support. There are also three focus areas within the DevOps practice organization: Dev Engineering, Platform Engineering, and Site Reliability Engineering.
• Programming skills: minimum 2 years’ experience with at least 1 language.
• Advanced skills: minimum 2 years’ experience with at least 2 or more.
• Linux administration
• Windows administration
• Bash Shell Scripting
• PowerShell Scripting
• Configuration mgmt (Ansible (preferred),Chef, Puppet, Salt also relevant)
• Cloud IaaS Experience
o Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, VMware
• SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle)
Object Oriented Programming Skills
Advanced DevOps Skills
• IaaS provisioning (Terraform, Bosh)
• Container technologies (Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes)
• Cloud Foundry (Heroku, OpenShift, PCF)
• Cloud API programming
• Test Driven Development (TDD)
• NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
• Object/Blob Storage (S3, etc)
• Metrics tooling (CollectD, StatsD, TICK stack, Graphite/Grafana)
• Monitoring tooling (TICK stack, CollectD, Grafana, Nagios, Prometheus)
• Logging tooling (ELK Stack, Splunk, Graylog, syslog-ng)
- English: Upper-intermediate